Introduction of Sanketik Sampreshan Pratiyogita
Thoughts, ideas and expressions are more than just the literal meaning of words. Every word you read invokes an idea, a feeling, a memory, or visual imagery. Indian folk arts have a long-standing cultural history of nonverbal communication of deep and complex ideas. Indian folk arts are an example of such non-verbal expressions of ideas. These folk arts have given birth to modern day performing arts and fine arts in India. In order to enrich the Indian Sign Language (ISL) and to popularise ISL, NCERT invites imaginative young minds across India to share their creative expressions of what words mean to them.
Who Can Participate
The words can be represented visually in two categories of mediums used:
A. Art compositions
B. Videoclips of performing arts
Entries are invited for both competitions separately and participants are encouraged to apply to both categories regardless of their area of study.
Art Composition Guidelines
As a part of the competition, 274 words are provided. You are required to create a visual interpretation of the words you have chosen.
Following are the requirements for the artwork
- The artworks are expected to be able to communicate the meaning of the word you choose.
- Art compositions can be created in the physical mediums (painting, drawing, collage, etc.) or digital mediums (all graphic designs, compositions, abstract-photo manipulations, etc except photography).
- Every participant should submit a visual interpretation of at least 1 word; there is no upper limit of the number of words you have chosen. You may submit entries for all 274 words. All entries should be sent separately.
The artwork submitted to our competitions will be judged based on the following elements of artistic expression
- Visuals should communicate the interpretation of the word with clarity to a viewer.
- The artwork will be judged on the simplicity and originality of the visual.
- The artwork will be judged on the quality of artistic composition and overall
- You are required to supplement your artwork with a text of 25 – 30 words explaining your thoughts behind your work.
- The artwork should not contain any texts (words, alphabets, language, scripts, etc.)
- NCERT reserves the right to reject submissions based on the quality of the image, failure to meet the requirements, the inappropriateness of content, and/or concerns regarding copyright infringement.
How to submit artwork entries
The entries can be sent through multiple modes.
- You may email us at [email protected]
- Mail the hard copies/original artworks of the artwork to the following address:
Head MPD, CIET, NCERT
Sri Aurobindo Marg
- Do not send multiple entries for the same artwork.
As a part of the competition, over 200 words are provided. You are required to create a visual interpretation of the words you have chosen through performing arts of your choice.
Following are the requirements for the performance:
- The performance in the video is expected to be able to communicate the meaning of the word you choose.
- A single video should not be longer than 70 seconds and shouldn’t have any music or audio. All video files will be judged only on their visual component. If there are noises/ sounds/ audio in the video, the entry will be accepted but its audio component will not be considered for evaluation.
- There should be only one person performing in the video, filmed with adequate lighting/studio conditions (the background should preferably be plain, or light coloured to avoid distractions).
- The performance should be limited to hand and arm gestures and facial expressions. Clothes should not be too bright/glittering.
- The video should clearly show the torso (head to waist) of the participant framed in the centre of the video. Position the camera’s field of view so that the participant is in clear view and has appropriate space around the participant.
- The visual representation through hand gestures or expressions should be one word at a time. E.g., if the word is “Food”, only one gesture should be used to signify food, but its meaning can be elaborated after the gesture in the video.
National Recognition of the best entries
Entry Form of Sanketik Sampreshan Pratiyogita 2022
Official Website : https://ncert.nic.in/
Leave a Comment