Why is Mother’s Day celebrated in India?
Mother’s Day is a celebration honoring the Mother of the family, as well as motherhood and the influence of mothers in society.
Mother is the backbone of our family without her world can’t be exist. She is the one who bears the baby in her womb for nine months and brings the child into this world.
What Does Mothers Day Represent ?
No matter your age, you need to thank your mother for giving you birth. Mother’s Day is the day to tell her that, showing respect for her. She did the best she could to raise you and give you what you needed. Times may have been tough for your family, but she did the best she could sacrificing for you.
Many of us look back and think about how times were and how our parents struggled to do the best they could to put food on the table and pay the bills.
Who coined the concept of Mother’s Day?
The modern American holiday of Mother’s Day was first celebrated in 1908, when Anna Jarvis held a memorial for her mother in Grafton, West Virginia. Her campaign to make “Mother’s Day” a recognized holiday in the United States began in 1905, the year her beloved mother, Ann Reeves Jarvis, died. Anna’s mission was to honor her own mother by continuing work she had started and to set aside a day to honor mothers, “the person who has done more for you than anyone in the world.” Anna’s mother, Ann Jarvis, was a peace activist who had cared for wounded soldiers on both sides of the Civil War and created Mother’s Day Work Clubs to address public health issues.
Due to the campaign efforts of Anna Jarvis, several states officially recognized Mother’s Day, the first in 1910 being West Virginia, Jarvis’ home state. In 1914 Woodrow Wilson signed the proclamation creating Mother’s Day, the second Sunday in May, as a national holiday to honor mothers.
As the United States holiday was adopted by other countries and cultures, the date was changed to fit already existing celebrations honoring motherhood.
Why is father’s day less popular than mother’s day?
Because women are needy.
They need to be recognized for everything. God forbid you forget a date that a woman deems important. And a simple thank you or you’re amazing isn’t enough. Women have to be “gifted” they have to have flowers and cards and trinkets and whatever. Woe to the man that doesn’t go on a spending spree for Valentine’s or buy the best roses and the best dinner for their anniversary. Women expect too much and rampage when you don’t meet their expectations.
Mother’s Day gift Ideas
Some electronic gifts for moms may include:
- New smart phone
- Ipad or another tablet to read books, find recipes, watch movies
- Alexa Fire TV Stick
- Instant Pot (for quick dinners)
- Single-serve coffee maker
- Activity tracker
Should Mother’s Day be renamed Mothers’ Day?
- Mother’s Day was originally conceived as a day for honoring one’s own mother. Since people generally have 1 mother, that possessive form is correct. We have now moved into an era when commercial interests are trying to expand the definition of Mother’s day so that everyone has to honor ALL mothers, including not only husbands honoring wives (not a bad idea) but some mothers pushed to honor their own daughters if they happen to be mothers, and store clerks wishing Happy Mothers’ Day” to any woman of childbearing age, whether she actually is a mother, or childless.
- People have enough trouble with possessive apostrophes without starting to move correct ones around for no good reason.
- Miss Manners points out that her own mother did not believe in Mother’s Day, because she did not acknowledge any day in which mothers should NOT be honored.
What is the best wish for mother’s day?
She is an ocean of never ending love. She knows you better than anyone on this planet knows you….. she doesn’t need so many good, typical words in form of wishes…. all she needs is your love, your presence, your affection…. just wish her mothers day in all your unique style…. and that’s what she’s gonna love the most…
Mom’s are great! Be with them and make them realize that she’s the most important person in your life and obviously the most beautiful woman….
love and peace!