Online applications are invited from eligible students for admission to Class XI against the
vacant seats likely to be available in JNVs during the academic year 2021-22. Admission will be made
on the basis of performance of students in Class X Board Examinations (CBSE / State Education/
other recognized Board).
The main objectives of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti as set forth in the Memorandum of
1. To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture,
inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical
education to the talented children predominantly from the rural areas, without regard to
their family’s socio-economic condition.
2. To ensure that all students of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti attain a reasonable level of
competence in three languages as envisaged in Three Language Formula.
3. To serve, in each district, as focal point for improvement in the quality of school
education in general, through sharing of experiences and facilities, and
4. To promote national integration through migration of students from Hindi to non Hindi speaking State and vice-versa.
1 Good quality modern education for talented children predominantly from rural areas.
2 Co-educational and fully residential, up to Class-XII.
3 Location – usually in rural areas.
4 Free education including boarding and lodging as well as expenses on Uniforms, Text Books,
and Stationery etc.
5 Affiliated to CBSE.
6 Implementation of Three-Language Formula.
7 The medium of instruction in JNVs is the mother tongue or regional language up to
class VIII and thereafter English for Maths & Science and Hindi/English for Social
Science. Students of JNVs appear for board examinations of CBSE.
8 30% of students in Class-IX from a Vidyalaya located in Hindi speaking area spend one
academic year in a Vidyalaya in non-Hindi speaking area and vice versa to promote
national integration through understanding of the diversity and plurality of country’s
culture and people.
1. Date of Birth of the candidate is to be between 1st June 2003 to 31st May 2007 (both days
inclusive). This is applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the
Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
2. The candidate must have passed Class X from a recognized school (affiliated to CBSE
or any other State Education / other recognized Board) of the State where the Jawahar
Navodaya Vidyalaya is located during the academic session 2020-21.
Criteria for Admission of Students to Class-XI against vacant seats
1. Admission of students will be made against available vacancies in Class-XI on the basis
of marks secured by students in Class-X Board Exam during academic session 2020-21.
2. The vacant seats in SC/ST category are reserved for SC/ST candidates.
3. Selection of students will be done as per following steps:
a) District wise merit list will be prepared and students will be selected against the
b) After selecting students against the vacancies in the JNV of the district, a common
merit list will be prepared at State level. After step a) the vacancies exist in any of
the JNV of the same State will be filled from the State level merit list by
considering the option exercised by the candidate.
c) After selection by step a) & b), if the selected candidate does not join even after
making all efforts, vacant seats will be filled only from State level merit list.
d) Wherever grades are allotted to candidates by State Board, NVS will collect marks
from State Board concerned for drawing merit list.
4. The selected students will be informed by the Principal of the concerned JNV by
5. Newly admitted students have to undergo medical check-up by the Vidyalaya Doctor.
Students suffering from infectious disease/serious ailments shall not be admitted.
6. Ten days orientation programme will be arranged for newly admitted students to bridge
the learning gaps and to adapt them for new environment.
The candidate can fill the online application form directly on NVS website
www.navodaya.gov.in. While education in the schools is free including board & lodging, uniform and
textbooks, a sum of Rs. 600/- per month is collected only from the students of Classes IX to XII
towards Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi. However, students belonging to SC/ST categories, all Girl students
and the students whose family income is below poverty line (BPL) are exempted. In respect of wards
of Government employees other than exempted category (Students of classes VI to VIII, all SC/ST &
Girl students and wards of BPL families) Vikas Nidhi will be charged @Rs.1500/- per month or actual
children education allowance received by the parent per month whichever is less. However, VVN
shall not be less than Rs.600/- per student per month.