Selection Test will consist of questions from the subjects of Mathematics, General Science, English and Hindi. Difficulty level of the test paper shall be of Class VIII.
Nature of the Selection Test
The test will be of objective type with 2 ½ hours duration without any break.
Merit List will be announced as per the NVS selection criteria.
SYLLABUS FOR THE TEST PAPER BASED ON THE SYLLABUS OF CLASS VIII
Subject : English Marks : 15
- Comprehension (Unseen Passage)
- Word and Sentence
- Structure Spelling
- Rearranging jumbled words
- Use of degrees of comparison
- Modal auxiliaries
- Use of prepositions
- Tense forms
- Reported speech
Subject : Hindi Marks : 15
Subject : General Science Marks : 35
- Food – Crop Production and Management; Micro-organism; Food Preservation
- Materials I – Synthetic fibres; Plastics; Metals and Non – metals
- Material II – Coal and Petroleum; Refining of Petroleum; Fossil Fuels; Combustion and Flame
- Living / Non living; Cell structure and Function; Conservation of Plants and Animals – Wildlife Sanctuary and National Parks
- Reproduction – Asexual and Sexual Reproduction, Reaching the age of adolescence
- Force – Frictional Force; Gravitational Force; Thrust and Pressure
- Light – Reflection of Light; Multiple Reflection; Human eye; Care of the Eyes; Sound; Human ears; Loudness and Pitch, Audible and inaudible Sounds
- Chemical Effects of Electric Current; Electroplating
- Natural Phenomena – Lightning; Earthquakes, Pollution of Air and Water
- Solar system; Stars and Constellations
Subject : Mathematics Marks : 35
- Rational Numbers
- Squares and Square Roots
- Cubes and Cube Roots
- Exponents and Powers
- Direct and Inverse Proportions
- Comparing Quantities (Percentage, Profit and Loss, Discount, Simple and Compound Interest)
- Algebraic Expressions and Identities including Factorization
- Linear Equations in One Variable
- Understanding Quadrilaterals (Parallelogram, rhombus, rectangle, square, kite)
- Area of plane figures
- Surface area and volume of cube, cuboids and cylinder
- Data Handling (Bar graph, pie chart, organizing data, probability)
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the syllabus of navodaya Class 9?
Answer : Subject Wise so
- Hindi – 15 Marks
- English = 15 Marks
- Mathematics = 35 Marks
- General Science = 35 Marks
2. Who can Give Navodaya Class 9 Exam ?
Answer = Studying in Class 8 in Current Session.
3. What is the passing (Scoring) marks in Navodaya Class 9 Exam?
Answer : 75 Marks above out of 100
4. What is the date of Navodaya Exam 2022?
Answer : Saturday 09th April 2022
5. Which board is Navodaya Vidyalaya?
Answer : CBSE ( Central Board of Secondary Education )