The acquisition of 21st century competencies of communication, critical and creative thinking and the ability to locate, understand and reflect on various kinds of information has become more crucial for our learners. It is well accepted that Reading Literacy is not only a foundation for achievement in other subject areas within the educational system but also a prerequisite for successful participation in most areas of adult life.
With a focus on promoting Reading Literacy among the learners, the Central Board of Secondary Education is organizing The CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0 for students of classes 8th to 10th for the English & Hindi languages. Students may attempt this challenge in either/both the languages.
This challenge shall be available on the DIKSHA platform from 16th February 2021 to 15th March 2021.
Students from class 8th to 10th irrespective of the Board are eligible to participate in this challenge. To access the challenge, a student would be required to join the ‘CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0’ course on the DIKSHA Platform through the link given below. This course would lead the students to a set of practice questions besides attempting the Challenge itself.
Steps for students to participate:
1) Students can access the course via DIKSHA portal on computer or via the DIKSHA app on their Android mobile. iPhone users can access the quiz on any mobile browser. They must have the latest version of the DIKSHA App from Playstore to access the quiz. In case they already have the DIKSHA App, it may be ensured that it is updated to the latest version by visiting Playstore.
2) Click the links to access the course in
3) Students would be required to enter their registered email address and password to login. If they do not have an account on DIKSHA, then they can register for the same by clicking on the “Register here” button on the page. They can also sign in with an existing Google account by clicking on “Sign in with Google” button.
4) On reaching the “CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0” course home page, click on “Join Course” to register.
5) Once they have joined the course, they will be able to access different modules of this course.
They can either click on Start Learning or on any one of the modules to access the content:
(i) The first module provides a brief introduction to the CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0 course
(ii) The second module has some engaging questions for student to practice
(iii) The third module is the CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0 Please note that no merit list shall be displayed or separate certificates will be issued to the participants. Participation certificates will be issued online on the DIKSHA platform itself upon completion of the course. Please ensure that students have their correct names in the DIKSHA profile.
Students should have the latest version of DIKSHA App, or access to the DIKSHA website to receive certificates. A sample Whatsapp Message for quick circulation is given in
Annexure – 1. Detailed instructions on accessing the course on computer and participating in the challenge is given in
Annexure – 2. Detailed instructions on accessing the course on DIKSHA mobile app and participating in the challenge is given in
Annexure – 3. Instructions to access participation certificates are given in
Annexure – 4. Please ensure maximum participation of students in the challenge as per the schedule. For any information,
you may contact at 011-23231575 or Email – [email protected]
So let’s Discussion in Details for CBSE Science Challenge 2.0
Annexure – 1
Dear Students, Teachers, and Parents The CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0 presents a unique opportunity to students to apply their Scientific knowledge and learn in the process.
CBSE has launched this joyful course and quiz to engage students in the wonderful subject of Science. To access the course and quiz, you can click here http://bit.ly/RC2E_CBSE (English) or here to access the quiz http://bit.ly/RC2H_CBSE (Hindi).
In case you are attempting this on Diksha app (), please make sure that it is updated to the latest version. Please note that this Challenge will remain open from 15th Feb 2021 to 15th March 2021. On successful completion of the course and quiz, students will be able to access their digital certificates through the profile page on DIKSHA portal or latest app within 14 days from the date of completion. Happy learning!
Annexure – 2
Instructions to access CBSE Reading Course on Computer
1) Click this link to access the course: English Medium and Hindi Medium. This will open the login page.
2) Enter your email address and password to login. If you do not have an account on DIKSHA then you can register by clicking Register Here. You can also sign in with an existing Google ID.
Steps 3 – 7 are for first time DIKSHA users or users who have signed in using a new account. Others may refer to step 8 onwards. 3) After clicking on Register Here, register yourself by providing the information asked
4) An OTP will be sent to your mobile number and email address for verification.
5) Now select your Board, Medium, Class, and Subject and click submit. For example- Board: CBSE, Medium: English, Class: Class 9, Subject: Language
6) Select Teacher, Student or Other – whichever is applicable to you and click Submit.
7) Provide your location details and click on the submit button.
8) You will now reach the Course home page. Click on Join Course.
9) Once here, you will find the different modules of this course. You can either click on Start Learning or on any one of the modules to directly access the content.
Annexure – 3
Instructions to access CBSE Reading Course on Mobile App DIKSHA Note: When using an Android Mobile phone, download DIKSHA App from Playstore. In case you already have the DIKSHA App then ensure that it is updated to the latest version by visiting Playstore. iPhone users can open the website on their phone or on a computer.
1) Click this link to access the course: English Medium and Hindi Medium. This will open the course. Click on Join Course.
2) Clicking on Join Course will open the login button in case you are not logged in to the DIKSHA app. Click on the login button.
3) Enter your email address and password to login. If you do not have an account on DIKSHA then you can register by clicking Register Here. You can also sign in with an existing Google ID.
Steps 4 – 6 are for first time DIKSHA users or users who have signed in using a new account. Others may refer to step 8 onwards.
4) After clicking on Register Here, register yourself by providing the information asked
5) An OTP will be sent to your mobile number or email address for verification.
6) Now select your Board, Medium, Class, and Subject and click Save/Submit.
7) You will now reach the Course home page. Click on Start Learning to begin CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0
Annexure – 4
Instructions to access participation certificates for CBSE Reading Challenge 2.0 1) Go to the profile Page on DIKSHA homepage (after the course is completed).
2) Scroll down to the Learning Passbook part of the profile, and click on the eye icon, to download the certificate (if done for the first time, Storage permissions might have to be given).
3) Once downloaded, it will automatically open on the users default PDF viewer, or ask to pick an app for it using which one can view the certificate.
4) If the user wants to find this PDF on their device, the user will have to use the file explorer app on their mobile device and find it in downloads
I Hope you understand well this article no confusion.
So If you like then share and comment your doubt for CBSE Science Challenge 2.0