What is Artha Chitra – IEPFA Poster Making Competition
Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (IEPFA) is a Statutory Body established by the Government of India implementing the provision of Section 125 of the Companies Act, 2013. The authority has a dual mandate of promoting awareness about investors’ education and protection pertaining to the interests of investors and making refunds of shares, unclaimed dividends, matured deposits/debentures etc., to the rightful claimant through the proper channel.
IEPFA is the youngest & only organisation of its kind having the legislative mandate of promoting inclusive financial literacy for the entire country with a population of 1.4 billion again with those handful officers. Since its inception on September 07, 2016, under the aegis of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, the authority is putting its best to educate and empower the Indian masses to ensure a financially cognizant society. Adhering to its mandate, IEPFA has conducted more than 65,000 on ground Investor Awareness Programmes, reaching 30 lakh citizens of rural, semi-urban and urban areas to spread awareness related messages to the general public such as not to fall prey to fraudulent & Ponzi schemes, thereby protecting small/vulnerable investors.
IEPFA has two major mandates to achieve. The mandates may be seen as under: –
1) To Ensure refund of shares, unclaimed dividends, matured deposits/debentures of the investors.
2) To Promote investors’ education, awareness & protection.
The authority has also been conducting various activities to convey the message of inclusive financial literacy, investors education, protection & empowerment, it also observing 75 Years of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ on the lines of 75-week grand celebration launched by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to mark 75 years of India’s independence. The official journey of “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav” commenced on 12th March, 2021 for the 75th anniversary of our Independence, and will culminate on August 15, 2023.
To mark this spirit of glory and to take it further with the theme India 2.0: Vision for India in 2047 where Investors are Smart, Informed & Empowered; IEPFA is announcing a series of run up contests & competitions, one of which is a “Artha Chitra” a hybrid Poster Making Competition for students in various age groups at pan India level, defining value of money in terms of Saving, Budgeting, Investing; and Protecting from fraudulent schemes.
The objective of the competition is to sensitise young Indian minds about the value of money while keeping the opportunities and challenges of future in consideration.
All India poster making competition age-wise categories for students may be seen as under: –
(a) Category-I: 11 to 15 Yrs
(b) Category-II: 16 to 20 Yrs
(c) Category-III: 21 Yrs and above
Components of Competition
Broadly the competition will have following components.
- All India poster making competition for students from 27th Apr 22 to 25th May, 2022.
- Best 5 Posters will be selected from each category by a Jury and results will be announced on 30
- Selection criteria: Creative, innovative, influential, and relevant to the contest theme.
Topic of the Posters should be based on IEPFA mandates only, which may be seen as under: –
a. Investors’ education and awareness for all.
b. To save oneself and others from fraudulent and Ponzi schemes.
c. Financial literacy for all.
d. Financial literacy in India: Yesterday, Today and in 2047.
e. Wise ways of investments/ Wise ways to grow money.
f. Learning financial literacy in fun & simple way
g. What’s financial literacy for me?
h. The first saving/ investment memory.
i. Best use of money: Savings, budgeting, investments
j. Money and life goals
k. Preventions before investments
Timeline Schedule of Artha Chitra Competition
Start Date: 27 April 2022
End Date: 25 May 2022
Declaration of Result: 30 May 2022
Awards & Recognition of Artha Chitra Competition
- There will be preliminary screening committee which will choose 10 best posters from each
- Out of 10 best posters top 5 and further the best 1, will be selected by a Jury for respective category.
The Jury decision shall remain final and no further correspondence will be entertained.
- These top 15 posters will be a part of Tweeterthon organized by IEPFA on IEPFA’s twitter handle.
- Best Posters of all 3 categories will also be highlighted through IEPFA monthly Newsletter.
- Selected entries will be exhibited through online and offline platforms of IEPFA Social Media
- All the winners and participants will be provided digital certificates, based on their respective
achievements including participation certificate.
- Winning posters will also be displayed during ICONIC Week of IEPFA
Click here to read the Topics of the poster, Categories, Timeline and Awards & Recognitions. (PDF-115KB)
[Please note: Participant should mention the category in which he/she is applying in the description box.]
Click here to read the Terms & Conditions. (PDF-110KB)
Last date for submission – 25th May, 2022