What is Vigyan Jyoti Programme Scheme ?
The Department of Science & Technology started a unique programme ‘Vigyan Jyoti’ for meritorious girls with the aim to address the underrepresentation of women in different fields of Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in the country. As a first step, the “Vigyan Jyoti” has been introduced in the year 2019-20 at the school level wherein meritorious girl students of Class 9-12 are being encouraged to pursue higher education and career in STEM field.
The Vigyan Jyoti envisaged hand-holding and interventions right from the school level i.e., Class IX and which will continue till the PhD level to encourage girls to pursue a career in underrepresented areas of STEM. Various activities such as science camps, special lectures/ classes, counselling of students and parents, interaction with role models, tinkering activities, visit to Knowledge Partners/ Research Labs/ Industries/ NGOs are being conducted in the programme in order to motivate girls.
The Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), an autonomous organization of MHRD, is the implementation partner of Vigyan Jyoti. NVS has a network of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) in more than 600 districts of India and at present, 100 JNVs are acting as ‘Vigyan Jyoti Knowledge Centres’ to cater for girls from JNVs, KVs, Govt. schools, army schools of small cities and rural areas for more diversity in STEM.
General Guidelines for Vigyan Jyoti Scheme 2022
The Department of Science & Technology (DST) has several women centric programs under KIRAN Division which provides various opportunities to women scientists and technologists. Most of the initiatives are related with research & development. To attract women in to STEM (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) field, the DST started Vigyan Jyoti – School Component which added value in STEM education at school level. Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) is implementing partner of DST in Vigyan Jyoti Initiative.
Vigyan Jyoti Program is aimed to bring gender parity in STEM. The main objectives of this Program are:
- To motivate girl students towards career in STEM field
- To enhance girls’ participation in under-represented areas of STEM and ensure gender parity.
- To provide enabling environment and add-ons in STEM education.
- To give exposure of various scientific careers.
- To counsel students as well as parents
Responsibilities of selected students – Vigyan Jyoti Scheme
- Proactively participate in all the activities defined under Vigyan Jyoti scheme and maintains at least 90 % attendance in all the activities.
- To use the scholarship for augmenting study resources and to actively participate in Vigyan Jyoti activities.
- To follow the rules and regulations of the JNV and Vigyan Jyoti Program.
- To make best use of the available resources under Vigyan Jyoti program for a career in STEM.
- Make aware other students studying in their school about Vigyan Jyoti program
Eligibility of students
All the meritorious girl students of Science stream studying in Class IX and Class XI of centrally funded schools in a district, such as, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs), Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs), Army Public Schools (APSs), etc.
If 50 students are not filled from (I) above, then other government schools such as state government, municipality schools etc. may be considered for making class size of 50 students.
Click Below Button to Download Registration Form of Vigyan Jyoti
Official Website – https://www.vigyanjyoti.com/
I hope you like the Article of the What is Vigyan Jyoti Programme Scheme – Download Registration Form, Eligibility 2022. If you like then share to others.
Happy Reading Stay Connected