- Will you ever like studying here?
No. Right? First thing is to organize your study area or where you store all your study materials. Get some sunlight regularly if possible.
2. Walking while study makes your brain more active
Some libraries have treadmill reading desks to enhance learning skills. Our university have few, I am sure you may also find something similar around you.
3. Speak Out Loud Instead of Simply Reading: Study like you are teaching someone else. You are 50% more likely to remember something if you speak it out loud instead of simply reading it over and over.
4. Study alone – Whether deciding to study alone or with a group is helpful is relative and depends on both the group and the individual. You need to find out whether or not the group is productive and how you study best to decide if this tip is for you. I tried studying in group and all I did was wasting my time.
5. Listen to the Correct Type of Music: Listening music is definitely good if you focus with music but choosing the right type of music is even more important.
6. Reward Yourself With A Treat: There are many ways to integrate a reward system into your habits so you learn how to study for exams more efficiently. e.g: you love chocolates, you can promise yourself to have your fav chocolates after you finish the toughest chapter you always want to skip out.
7. Drink enough water and take some fresh air, oxygen is very much important for healthy brain.
8. Find your hobby: It can be anything, find something which fascinates you most. Do that only when you meet your target for day. such as i like doing Quora and give time to it after reaching home and when I am all relaxed.
9. Draw Diagrams: Our brain adapt things faster in pictorial form than text.
10. Priorities your tasks going from toughest to easy.
11. Use Apps to Block Distracting Sites: The SelfControl app helps you to avoid distractions by blocking websites for a certain amount of time. Discover more student apps to make student life easier. SelfControl
12. Times new roman is the fastest font to read
13. Practice, Practice, Practice: Practicing sample answers to past exam questions can help train your brain to retrieve information.
14. Make stories: when you read something, visualize in your brain. Try to build up stories in your brain by connecting concepts.
15. Try something which excites you while studying: My friend told me she likes wearing new earrings, it excites her and she focuses better. I like wearing lipstick and feel same. It may not be same for you though or you may have something else to push you for studies. Try to find it out! 🙂
16. Don’t Stay Up All Night Before an Exam: Make sure to get adequate rest the nights leading up to your exams. When you sleep, your brain assimilates the information you have learned when studying so getting a good night’s sleep will help you remember those tricks and formulas you need for your exam!
Don’t make this your sleep schedule:
Thanks for reading 🙂