What is Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar (SVP) 2021-22
The Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar (SVP) was instituted in 2016-17 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (now Ministry of Education), Department of School Education and Literacy, Government of India to recognize, inspire and celebrate excellence in sanitation and hygiene practices in schools. The explicit purpose of the awards is to honour schools that have undertaken significant steps towards fulfilling the mandate of the Swachh Vidyalaya Campaign.
Key objectives of Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar
- To recognize, inspire and celebrate excellence in sanitation and hygiene.
- To honour schools that have undertaken significant steps towards fulfilling the mandate of the
Swachh Vidyalaya Campaign and adhering to the standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- To promote sustainable practices of improved water sanitation and hygiene in schools.
Eligibility for Participation
Essential elements of SVP 2021-22
- Handwashing with Soap
- Operation and Maintenance
- Behaviour Change Activities & Capacity Building
- “COVID-19 preparedness and response” (newly added in view of the COVID pandemic)
The complete information and guidelines are available at the following link:
Official Website of the SVP 2022
SVP 2022 Android Application Link
Leave a Comment