What is Jigyasa Vigyan Mahotsav 2022
India is Celebrating 75 years of Independence as Azadi Ka Amrit Mahostav across the country. As a part of this, Amrit Mahotsav Science Showcase: Roadmap to 2047 celebration, is being conducted by Ministry of Science & technology. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research under Ministry of S&T, is organizing a National Level Scientific Creativity Competition Jigyasa Vigyan Mahotsav 2022”.
This competition is to provide an opportunity to school children to exhibit their creative skills and also develop their scientific knowledge and win attractive prizes!!
The children will be evaluated for their creativity; innovative ideas; story telling ability; message conveyed; overall aesthetics; out of box thinking; usability or applicability in case of apps/ videos/ animations. Students have the opportunity to compete at National level and win Prizes. The top content developed would also be showcased on CSIR Jigyasa Virtual Lab platform for global outreach.
Two Boot Camps will be conducted for Registered Students to prepare them for participation in the competition:
Boot Camp I
This will be on the scientific topics of ‘Energy, Health, Artificial Intelligence, Climate Change, Water Conservation, Disaster Mitigation and Agrotechnology’ by experts, during second week of January (10th to 14th January) 2022, for the students to gain exposure and understanding into these areas.
There will be a quiz conducted at the end of each lecture during the boot camp.
Students who qualify after the quiz get to attend Boot Camp II on content creation that would be organized by the CSIR.
Boot Camp II
This boot camp will be conducted on learning about content creation during third week of January (17th to 21st January) 2022, that would provide exposure in creating creative scientific content in terms of Comics/ Videos/ Infographics/ Science Fiction/ Apps/ Animation .
On successful completion, students will receive Participation e-Certificate and an opportunity to participate in the prestigious National Competition.
Themes for Jigyasa Vigyan Mahotsav 2022
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- CLIMATE CHANGE
- WATER CONSERVATION
- DISASTER MITIGATION
How to Registration Guidelines for Jigyasa Vigyan Mahotsav 2022
Terms and Conditions:
- The Competition is free to enter.
- Participants must be Indian Citizen.
- A single student can apply or a team of 2 to max 5 students may submit an application
- The total prize will be provided to a team, in case team wins, and not to individual team members. Certificates will be issued to individuals in a team, in case team wins
- In a team, students from non-science background may also be included, however, the content developed must be science based.
- Entries are invited from students of class VIII to XII.
- Medium of Competition can be Hindi or English.
- You may choose one of the domains (Energy, health, Artificial intelligence, climate change, water conservation, disaster mitigation and Agro technology) to design your art work.
- Decision of the panel of judges (to be constituted by CSIR) would be final.
- The Science Poster/Infographics submitted for this competition would be considered the property of CSIR.
- Present data clear & accurately. The content developed should not be open to multiple interpretations.
- Avoid controversial topics as well as issues that might invite controversy.
- We encourage students to take creative approaches in the use of and concepts
- Entries that use copyrighted artwork/ material will be disqualified.