Inviting Nominations for Nari Shakti Puraskar 2023
Nari Shakti Puraskar-20232023
Established in : 1999
Ministry of Women and Child Development – Nari Shakti Puraskar 2023
1. In the past few years, there have been concerted efforts by the Government to recognize and encourage women to participate in all spheres and issues related to women have gained utmost importance and focused attention. “Nari Shakti Puraskars” shall showcase the Government’s commitment towards women with the aim of strengthening their position in the society.
2. Nari Shakti Puraskar will also provide an opportunity to Young Indians to understand the contribution of women in building of society and the nation.
3. The awards will inspire the citizens to follow the league of awardees
Eligibility for Nari Shakti Puraskar 2023
1. The awards are open to individuals only.
2. The applicants must be at least 25 years of age on 1st July of the award year (e.g. for the year 2021 awards to be distributed on 08.03.2022, the age should be as on 01.07.2021 and so on).
3. The applicant should not be a recipient of the same award earlier (including Stree Shakti Puraskars as were awarded by the Ministry earlier).
4. The Nari Shakti Puruskar may be awarded for outstanding work, preferably in exceptional circumstances, to individuals in the areas of: economic and social empowerment of women or pertaining to this theme or incidental thereto.
5. The Nari Shakti Puruskar may be awarded to individuals who encouraged women to participate in decision making roles; encouraged women’s skill development in traditional and non-traditional sectors; facilitated basic amenities for rural women; promoted women in non-traditional sectors like science and technology, sports, art, culture, concretely and significantly towards safety and security, health and wellness, education, skill development, life skills, respect and dignity of women etc.
6. An award may also be given to a State or Union Territory, which has appreciably improved Child Sex Ratio (CSR).
7. Normally the awards shall not be presented posthumously; excepting in cases where death occurred subsequent to a proposal having been submitted to the Ministry in the manner as stipulated in these guidelines.
Decoration / Prizes
- Cash Prize – INR 2,00,000/-
No. of Awardees
15 Awards Given
Who can Nominate / Participate ? Nari Shakti Puraskar 2023
Nominations for the award shall be invited from:
1. State Governments, Union Territory Administrations, concerned Central Ministries/ Departments.
2. Non-Governmental Organizations, Universities/ Institutions, Private and Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
3. The Selection Committee may also, suomoto, recommend an individual/ institution for the award with sufficient justification. 4. Self-nominations & recommendations for the awards, both, shall be considered.
Selection Process for Nari Shakti Puraskar 2023
1. A Screening Committee shall be constituted by the Ministry of Women and Child Development to scrutinize and short list the nominations received for the Awards considering the achievements of the applying/ recommended individuals:
a. Joint Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development – Chairperson, ex-officio
b. Domain expert in the field of women issues/gender expert, Ministry of Women and Child Development – Member
c. Director/ DS level officer, Ministry of Urban Development, Rural Development, Health, Panchayati Raj, Home Affairs, NITI Aayog. – Member
d. Representative of CII and FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) – Member
e. Concerned Director/ Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development – Member Secretary
2. A Selection Committee shall be constituted by the Ministry of Women and Child Development to select the awardees on the basis of recommendation of the Screening Committee:
a. Hon’ble Minister for Women and Child Development – Chairperson, ex-officio
b. Hon’ble Minister of State for Women and Child Development – Member, ex-officio
c. Secretary, Ministry of Women & Child Development – Member, ex-officio
d. Special or Additional Secretary, Ministry of Women & Child Development – Member, ex-officio
e. Secretary or his nominee from Ministry of Rural Development – Member, ex-officio
f. Five National level eminent Individuals/ Representatives of Institutions of National Importance/ Representatives of relevant Ministries/ Departments – Co-opted members
g. Joint Secretary (Women Awards), Ministry of Women & Child Development – Member-Secretary The Selection Committee may at its discretion also consider individuals/ institutions/ organizations other than those who have got nominated/ recommended before the last date of receipt of nominations/ recommendations.
Ceremony Details :
The Award shall be presented at New Delhi at a special ceremony/ function held on the occasion of the International Women’s Day on 8th March every year.