What is Veer Ko Naman – Pan India Selfie Contest, Dedicated to the Brave hearts ?
Inaugurated and dedicated to the Nation, three years ago on 25 Feb 2019, the National War Memorial situated in New Delhi stands testimony to the sacrifices made by our gallant soldiers since Independence. The iconic monument which celebrates victory in a war and at the same time remembers the brave hearts, is a tribute to every soldier who has contributed in safeguarding the sovereignty and integrity of India.
The National War Memorial provides an opportunity to the people to connect with the gallant war heroes and serves as a beacon of inspiration for our future generations. Over the last one year, more than 21 lakh people including dignitaries, both domestic and foreign, have visited the NWM. Over 7,000 – 8,000 people visit the monument everyday and on weekends the monument witnesses about 15,000 – 20,000 footfall, which includes a large number of students from the National Capital Region.
To extend this celebration of nationalism and patriotism across India, a pan India selfie contest “Veer Ko Naman” is being hosted on MyGov to encourage and invite citizens to click their selfie images in front of war memorials and monuments of national importance across the country, to show their support for the Veer warriors of the nation. The newly-revamped war memorial in Ladakh’s Rezang La, built in honour of 13 Kumaon regiment that defeated the Chinese Army during the 1962 war, is one such monument.
To participate in the contest, one can simply visit any war memorial or national monument near their city/state that reflects the patriotic fervor and sacrifice of our Armed Forces; the Kargil Memorial in Dras, Twanag Memorial in Arunanchal Pradesh, Marwar Memorial in Diu & Victoria at Sea Memorial in Visakhapatnam being some of the examples.
Terms & Conditions National of War Memorial Selfie Contest
- The Competition is open only to Indian citizens.
- All entries must be submitted to the www.mygov.in. Entries submitted through any other medium/ mode will not be considered for evaluation.
- The entries will be the intellectual property and copyright of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. Nobody can exercise any right over it. The entries are intended to be used by Government of India for promotional and display purposes, IEC material and for any other use as may be deemed appropriate for the initiative.
- The content must be original and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957. Anyone found infringing on others’ copyright would be disqualified from the competition. Government of India does not bear any responsibility for copyright violations or infringements of intellectual property carried out by the participants.
- Participant is to make sure that his/her MyGov profile is accurate and updated since the Ministry would be using this for further communication. This includes name, contact number and email id. Entries with incomplete profiles would not be considered.
- MyGov reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Contest and/ or the Terms & Conditions/ Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria. However, any changes to the Terms & Conditions/ Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria, or cancellation of the Contest, will be updated/ posted on the MyGov platform. It would be the responsibility of the participants to keep themselves informed as to any changes in the Terms & Conditions/ Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria stated for this Contest.
- Participants need to submit their entry for the complete Contest. Partial/ Incomplete entries would not be considered for evaluation.