What is Unseen India – 75 Lesser-Known sites in India
The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India is observing National Tourism Day on the 25th of January 2022, under the aegis of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’, the 75-week grand celebration launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to mark 75 years of India’s independence.
Worldwide, India has a remarkable position because of magnificent places that are famous as tourist destinations. India has a culturally rich heritage which attracts a lot of foreign tourists. To celebrate the diversity of our country, NATIONAL TOURISM DAY is celebrated on 25th January every year. This day is marked with a motive to appreciate our country’s beauty and spread awareness of the importance of tourism and its impact on the Indian economy. The theme for this years’ National Tourism Day is Rural and Community Centric Tourism.
‘Unseen India’ – 75 Lesser-Known sites in India
Ministry of Tourism, in the spirit of National Tourism Day and Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav invites the citizens to submit a write-up (200 words) along with pictures and/or videos describing ‘Lesser-known places’ of historical/cultural/archeological/natural importance in their region/district/town to bring to light the hidden gems that can be found in various places in our country.
Reward / Prize
Top 75 (Seventy five) entries will receive a Certificate along with a souvenir.
Terms and Conditions
- All Indian citizens may participate.
- Participants are required to register themselves on the platform www.innovateindia.mygov.in by filling a simple registration form
- Incomplete entries will not be considered.
- All entries obtained through unauthorized sources, or which are incomplete, illegible, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, irregular, or fraudulent in any way or otherwise not in compliance with the rules are automatically void.
- It is strongly advised not to wait until the deadline for the submission of entries. Organizers shall not be responsible for non-receipt of entries on account of server errors/ traffic.
- The Ministry of Tourism reserve the right to select or reject any submission without assigning any reasons whatsoever and without thereby incurring any liability to the participant(s) whatsoever.
- The Ministry of Tourisms reserve to cancel the competition or modify the rules, dates of the competition anytime. The Organizers shall have no liability whatsoever for any inconvenience/loss directly or indirectly caused to any Participant due to such modification of rules/cancellation of competition and the Participants shall accordingly not be entitled to raise any claims pertaining to the same.
- Once the participants have made submissions on the platform, they shall have no claim even in the event of stoppage/cancellation of the competition.
- Removal/ voluntary withdrawal of member is not encouraged. No other form of modification will be entertained at any point.