What is 5G Vertical Engagement and Partnership Program (VEPP)
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) invites Expression of Interest(EoI) for “5G Vertical Engagement and Partnership Program(VEPP)”initiative to build strong collaboration partnerships across 5G Use-case ecosystem stakeholders with velocity and with an exclusive emphasis to address User/Vertical Industry needs.
In order to multiply the 5G opportunities across the usage verticals, under the guidance of Secretary(Telecom), an Inter-Ministerial Committee chaired by Member(Technology), Digital Communications Commission is constituted with representatives from Ministry of Electronics and IT, Department of Science and Technology &relevant Vertical Ministries viz. Agriculture, Health, Urban Affairs, Education, Power, Mines, Jal Shakti, Commerce, Ports, Railways, Heavy Industries, Road Transport, Tourism etc. to facilitate collaborative efforts across stakeholders.
5G Vertical Engagement and Partnership Program is being offered to Industry verticals which have potential as testing cum breeding grounds for innovative 5G use cases, through an Expression of Interest (EoI) to enable close collaboration between User vertical sand 5G Tech stakeholders (Service providers, Solution providers & partner OEMs), which can trigger a multiplier effect to try & fine tune 5G digital solutions in respective economic verticals.
Stakeholders who can Apply:
1. User/Vertical Industries(Private & Public):- ● Individual Vertical Enterprise user/Group of Enterprises (Multiple verticals)
Eg: Logistic Hubs, Factories, Agri Institutions, Power Utility Companies, Hospitals, Mining Agencies, Educational / Skill Development Institutions, Banks/Banking institutions, CoEs, Malls/Recreation centers/Retail stores, Tourism & cultural centers, Hotels, Ports, Airports, Stadiums, Manufacturing Units etc.
2. Service providers:- ● Telecom Service Providers (TSPs)
● M2M service providers etc.
3. Solution Providers/System Integrators (SIs):- ● End to End Usecase providers (including OEMs)
● System Integrators
4. Solution Partners/ /Devices, Sensors, Equipment Vendors (OEMs):- ● Any Start-up/MSME/industry which has demonstrable use cases
● Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in Network Domain
● OEMs in CPEs/Devices/Instruments/Sensors/Smart Machinery & Meters/ Devices/robots/Drones(BLVOS)etc. in all user verticals viz. Medical, Power, Smart Metering, IoT, Mining etc.
In order to give fillip to the 5G use case development program, the DoT in partnership with other Ministries & State Government Departments, Startup Hubs would facilitate necessary approvals/ regulatory clearances to enable Use case prototyping/pilots/Demos/ trials at the User or Vertical industry premises. Required experimental spectrum would also will be facilitated on priority basis.
Please click here to know more about the role of stakeholders.(PDF-32.1KB)
For More Details: https://static.mygov.in/rest/s3fs-public/mygov_1649850397105216201.pdf(PDF:536KB)
Contact For 5G Vertical Engagement and Partnership Program (VEPP)
For more information,
Shri A. Alex Vikas, ITS
Asst. Director General (ADG)
Department of Telecom-HQ
Ministry of Communications
Email: [email protected]