Nature of Selection Test
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Time Allowed: 2 Hours
|Section||Types of Test||Approx. Time Required||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Types of Questions|
|Section – I||Mental Ability||60 Minutes||40||50||Objective Type|
|Section – II||Arithmetic||30 Minutes||20||25||Objective Type|
|Section -III||Language||30 Minutes||20||25||Objective Type|
All the questions in three sections will be of objective type (multiple choice) .Questions in case of Mental Ability Test will be non-verbal, based on figures or diagrams and the students would be required to choose one correct answer out of four given in each case. This test will have ten parts.
Separate instructions are provided for each set of questions. The main purpose of the language test will be to assess the reading comprehension of the candidates and that of the arithmetic test will be to measure the basic competence of the candidate in arithmetic.
Students will be required to be seated at 11.00 a.m. on the examination day. The examination will start at 11.30 a.m. and will be over at 1.30 p.m. There will be no break during the two-hour test. In respect of Special Children (Divyang) additional time is allowed @ 20 Min. per hour After the commencement of the test, a bell will be rung after every half an hour.
- No candidate will be allowed to the test without the admit card under any circumstances.
- Check the particulars in the Admit Card carefully. Error, if any, must be immediately reported to the Principal of JNV concerned by email to [email protected].
- No electronic devices/gadgets except ordinary wrist watch are allowed in the examination hall.
- Do not carry any article, except Admit Card and Black /Blue Ball Pen in the examination hall.
- Candidate is required to report to the examination center latest by 10:30 am.
- Candidate will not be permitted to appear for the test, if reports late. Total duration of the examination is 2 hours (11.30 am to 1.30 pm). However, in respect of candidates with
special needs (Divyang), additional time of 40 minutes will be provided. 15 minutes additional time is allowed for reading the instructions from 11.15 am to 11.30 am.
- Before answering, the candidate has to ensure that question booklet contains 80 questions serially numbered from 1 to 80. In case of discrepancy, the candidate should
immediately report the matter to the invigilator for replacement of the question paper.
- Use Blue/Black Ball point Pen only to write on OMR sheet. Use of Pencil is strictly prohibited.
- Each question is followed by four alternative answers, marked A,B,C & D. Candidate is required to select the correct answer and darken the corresponding circle of the chosen
answer on the OMR answer sheet. No negative marking will be done.
- The question paper of same medium of examination as mentioned in the admit card will be provided. No change of medium of question paper is permitted.
- Candidate must attempt all questions of each section. One has to qualify in each section separately.
- Candidates must fill Roll Number on OMR sheet as well as on question paper.
- No change in the answer once marked is allowed. Overwriting, cutting and erasing on the answer sheet is NOT allowed.
- Use of Whitener/correction fluid/eraser on OMR sheet is not allowed.
- Do NOT make any stray mark on the OMR sheet.
- Candidate shall not leave the hall before 01.30 pm and without handing over OMR answer sheet to the invigilator.
- Any candidate found either giving or receiving assistance or using unfair means during the exam will be disqualified.
- Any attempt for impersonation will also disqualify the candidature.
- The candidate is provisionally allowed to appear in the class VI JNVST 2022 subject to the submission of documentary evidence of criteria like study in recognized
school(III, IV & V), date of birth, rural area certificate(if applied under rural quota) etc., as per the notification issued by NVS, if selected for admission to class VI
during the session 2022-23.
- Selection of candidate for admission in JNV concerned is as per prescribed NVS criteria
Special Instructions for Candidates JNVST 2022
- May carry hand sanitizer (50ml) in transparent bottle.
- Will cover their nose and mouth with mask always in the centre.
- Will follow social distancing norms strictly.
- Will not exchange or loan articles (stationary items like pen, pencil, ruler, eraser etc.) inside examination room.
- May carry their own drinking water bottle.
- Should try to avoid contact with unknown persons.
- Will throw used tissue/face mask, if any, into closed bins immediately after use.
- Will maintain good hygiene in toilets during and after use.
- Should not touch eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Will not shake hands or hug at any cost while greeting.
- Will not spit in public places.
- Should be confident that they are not infected or having any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Will seek advice on COVID-19 from their parents before leaving for examination centre.
- Will sanitize hands with Sanitizer before entering the centre. Hand sanitizer will be available at various locations in the centre.
- Should reach centre as per the Reporting/Entry time mentioned in the Admit Card to avoid any crowding at the centre at the time of entry to maintain social distancing.