Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for Independence Day Celebrations in all the schools/colleges/Educational Institutions across the country.
SOP For Independence Day Celebrations in all the Schools/Colleges
The forthcoming Independence Day, 2022 is being celebrated under the broader ambit of “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav” across the country.
In Order to have uniformity and to inculcate standard practices across the country across the country during the Independence Day a broad standard operating procedure to be followed on the occasion of Independence Day events in all schools/colleges/educational institutions etc. across the country is elaborated in the succeeding paragraphs :-
1. The Celebration of Independence Day Ceremony / Hoisting of National Flag in all the Schools /Colleges/Educational Institutions etc. to be commenced in the morning after 09:00 a.m
2. The Flag Hoisting program may be organized either in virtual format or physical format depending upon the Covid-19 Situation.
3. All school students/teachers/staffs to participate. Parents/Guardians should also be encouraged to participate.
4. Videos and other information related to National War Memorial (NWM) may be used to disseminate information about NWM.
5. Craft Project for Azadi KA Amrit Mahotsav
As the Country Celebrating Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, each school to develop a craft of their area. The project should use some waste material and emphasize he concept of “Waste to best” and “Waste to Wealth”. IF the schools are closed, children could be asked to do these activities from their homes. The crafts prepared by the schools may be sent to “D(Ceremonials), Ministry of Defense, ! South Block, New Delhi – 110011” for onward transmission of the same to the Jawans on the boarder.
6. MyGov Quiz
Every year, on the occasion of Independence Day Celebrations, Ministry of Defense in Coordination with MyGov organizes online quiz contest on a specific subject at the platform “MyGov.in” during the month of August July/ August. Top ten winners of the Quiz are awarded cash prizes as under : –
- 1st Prize – Rs. 25,000/-
- 2nd Prize – Rs. 15,000/-
- 3rd Prize – Rs. 10,000/-
- Consolidation Prizes (Seven) – Rs. 5,000/- for each
All students above class VI(6) may be encouraged to participate in this quiz. Teachers of the schools may also be encouraged to disseminate this information amongst the students during their classes.
7. The Schools/Colleges/Educational Institutions to suitably encourage the students the to put up the National Flag t the rooftops of their houses on Independence Day to mark gratitude to our freedom fighters /National heroes under the theme “Har Ghar Jhanda”.