What is Bharatiya Bhasha Utsav 2022 ?
India has a rich linguistic heritage. The National Education Policy 2020 highlights multilingualism and visualizes Indian Languages as a great tool for national unity. It suggests that the students of the country should be encouraged to learn the importance of Indian Languages under the ‘Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat’ initiative.
Bharatiya Languages have co-existed, complemented and nurtured each other throughout the ages. There is a need to:
- strengthen language harmony
- develop a conducive environment for learning more and more Indian Languages
- apart from mastering one’s own mother tongue
- develop an attitude and aptitude to love and enjoy the neighboring language.
To catalyze the above need, Bharatiya Bhasha Utsav is being celebrated on 11th December on the Janma Jayanti of Subramania Bharati, the great Nationalist Poet
Objectives of the Bharatiya Bhasha Utsav
- To acquaint the students and youth about the inherent oneness of all Bharatiya Bhashas i.e the concept of ‘Bharatiya Bhasha Parivar’
- To celebrate the rich variety and wonders of Bharatiya Bhashas
- To make students and youth aware about the spiritual and cultural message emanating from the literature of all Bhashas
- To show how language learning can be a fun and enjoyable experience
- To highlight the need to focus on Bharatiya Bhashas for the development of the nation and ‘Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat’
School Heads are requested to celebrate the ‘Bharatiya Bhasha Utsav’ by encouraging participation of students, staff, parents and other stakeholders in different activities as suggested in annexure A. The central themes/messages of the occasion may be highlighted or conveyed during the utsav using appropriate slogans eg. ‘Bharatiya Bhashayen for Unity and Harmony’, ‘Bhashayen Anek Parantu Bhaav Ek’, ‘Vividhata mein Ekata’, ‘Ekata mein Vividhata’, ‘Bharatiya Bhashayen’, ‘Bharatiya Gyan Paramapara aur Bharatiyata’, ‘Bharatiyata ke liye Bharatiya Gyan Parampara’, ‘Bharatiya Gyan Parampara ke liye Bharatiya Bhashayen’, etc.
The Utsav may be celebrated as a part of the Bhasha Sangam, Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat or any other as applicable to augment the resources
Upload Google Form Report Link of Bharatiya Bhasha Utsav
Please send the report of the celebration of the Bharatiya Bhasha Utsav at the following link on or before 13th December 2022:
Download Official Circular – Bharatiya Bhasha Utsav
I hope you like the Article of the CBSE Circular – Bharatiya Bhasha Utsav 2022. IF you like then share to others.
Happy Reading Stay Connected