Are you searching for – Apply Online in Vikram Sarabhai Scholarship Scheme 2022-23
Then you are at Right Place.
The Complete and Official Information of Apply Online in Vikram Sarabhai Scholarship Scheme 2022-23
Vikram Sarabhai Scholarship about
PRL is committed towards spreading the scientific temper and spirit, not only at the highest level of education and research, but very importantly, at the level of school and college students. Students from remote and rural regions face economic hardships to pursue higher education, and are at disadvantage in terms of guidance and lack of confidence to pursue a career in science. PRL is aware of such social issues. We are glad to announce ten scholarships in the memory of our founding father Dr. Vikram A. Sarabhai aimed at motivating and supporting economically weaker students from rural areas of Gujarat, belonging to all sections of the society, to pursue higher education in science. The scholarship is named as Vikram Sarabhai Protsahan Yojana (VIKAS Scholarship) .
- Screening Test:
A screening test will be conducted on Sunday, 22nd January 2023.
Salient Features of the Scholarship
- VIKAS scholarships are dedicatedly for students from schools in rural areas coming from low-income families.
- Total of ten (10) scholarships will be awarded each year. Out of 10, at least 5 will be awarded to girls.
- Students currently studying in standard 8 from the schools in rural areas of Gujarat and whose annual family income is less than 1.5 lakhs will be eligible to apply.
[Only for this year (2022-23), additional 10 scholarships will be available for the students currently studying in Standard 10 and planning to take science stream next year. If selected, these students will be given a scholarship for two years which will be ₹30,000/- during Standard 11 and ₹30,000/- during Standard 12.]
- Selected students will receive scholarship up to ₹1,00,000/- (One Lakh Rupees only) over a period of four years.
[₹20,000/- during Standard 9, ₹20,000/- during Standard 10, and only if the student continues further study in science stream after Standard 10, then ₹30,000/- during Standard 11 and ₹30,000/- during Standard 12.]
Eligibility and, Terms & Conditions:
- The applicant should be a bona-fide student at a government recognized school in rural areas of Gujarat studying in Standard 8.
[Only for this year (2022-23) students studying in Standard 10 can also apply..]
- The selection of students for award of scholarship will be based on their marks in Standard 7, score in the online screening exam conducted by PRL and their economic condition.
[For Standard 10 students, who are applying for the scholarship, their selection will be based on marks in Standard 9 apart from score in the online screening exam and their economic condition.]
- The applicant must produce a certificate from the Headmaster/ Headmistress/ Principal of the school that he/she is a regular student of the school. The Head of the school should provide information on whether the school is a Govt./ Fully Govt. Supported school in a rural area and also provide the school registration number (or an equivalent detail), medium of education, and board the school is affiliated to.
- The applicant must provide an Income and Asset Certificate issued by Tehsildar/ Revenue officer (Mamlatdar)/ SDM/ Taluka Magistrate/ Collector/ DM/ ADM/ equivalent clearly stating that the total family income from all sources does not exceed 1.5 lac per annum/year.
- PRL will conduct independent verification of credentials supplied by the selected students, and if any details are found incorrect or found material suppression of facts, award of the scholarship will be withdrawn for that candidate.
- The annual renewal of the scholarship will be subject to fact that the student is continuing her/his study in the subsequent year.
- Students will be required to send copies of their mark-sheets and a statement from head of the school about their continuity of education and good academic performance at the end of each academic year during the period of scholarship.
- Continuation of scholarship beyond two years will be subject to fact that the recipient has opted for science stream in Standard 11 and should submit a statement endorsed by head of the school about it.
[This condition also applies to fresh applicants in Standard 10 who are applying for the scholarship this year (2022-23).]
- The awardee shall inform PRL, about any other scholarship or the financial assistance he/she is availing. This need not necessarily exclude students from availing VIKAS scholarship
- If, at any point in time, any irregularity on the part of the awardee is found, the scholarship will be immediately withdrawn.
- PRL reserves all rights to review and modify terms and conditions pertaining to the scholarship as and when required.
- Applicant should register on PRL VIKAS scholarship website by filling-in the online form.
- As a part of registration process student will be asked to upload scanned copy of following documents:
- Photograph of student
- Income proof :
Income Certificate (issued by Tehsildar/Revenue officer (Mamlatdar)/SDM/Taluka Magistrate/Collector/DM/ADM/any equivalent officer). The certificate should clearly mention the total family income per annum/year.
- Bona-fide student certificate from school
- If the certificate does not include school address and school’s registration detail with education board, then applicant should also submit a statement from head of the school mentioning these details.
- If school has multiple campuses, the certificate or statement should also mention the address of campus where applicant is studying.
- Standard 7 marksheet [Marksheet of Standard 9 in the case of Standard 10 students applying for the scholarship.]
- Following details will be required to submit if the student is selected for the scholarship:
- Bank account details (Account number, IFSC code). The account could be of either of the parents.
- Aadhar Card of the account holder, if the bank account is in name of parents or guardian.
|Last date for registration||Friday, 20th January 2023 11:59:59 PM|
|Screening Test||Sunday, 22nd January 2023|
Information for Screening Test
- The screening test will be held on Sunday, 22nd January 2023, at all the centers as listed below. The time of exam will be informed to the registered students in due course. The test will be of one hour duration.
- Entry for the students appearing in the test will start from 10:00 AM onward.
- Students must produce copy of admit card/slip.
- The question paper will contain multiple-choice questions testing basic knowledge and aptitude.
- Questions will be printed in English, Hindi and Gujarati. However, there will be a single answer sheet written in English.
- A right answer will be given “+3” marks, a wrong answer will be given “-1” mark, and no marks will be given to an un-attempted question.
List of Examination Centers
|Sr. No.||Centre Name||Address|
|1||AHMEDABAD-Kendriya Vidyalaya SAC||Dos Housing Colony, Opp. IIM New Campus, Vastrapur-380015 (GUJ.)|
|2||AHMEDABAD-Rajasthan English Hr. Sec. School||Shahibaug, Near Swami Narayan Temple, Ahmedabad, Gujarat – 380004. Phone: 079 2562 3690|
|3||BHUJ-P C V Mehta High School||Lotus Colony, Opp G K General Hospital Road, Bhuj, Kutch 370001 PH 09879286064|
|4||GANDHINAGAR-J.M. CHAUDHARI KANYA VIDYALAYA||Near Bus Stand, Opp. Arvind Baug, Sector 7, Gandhinagar, Gujarat 384001|
|5||PATAN-Adarsh Vidyalaya||Adarsh Vidhyalaya Road,Station Road, Patan-384265 Ph No-(02766) 221894 9898153153|
|6||PORBANDAR- Navyug Vidyalaya||OPP. HOSPITAL, PORBANDAR-360578 Ph : (0286)-2242630 Mob. – 09426642630|
|7||RAJKOT- GK Dholakiya School||Near Panchayatnagar Bus Stop, University Road, Rajkot – 360004 Mobile: 9428004414|
|8||SURAT-Smt. I N Tekrawala School||Near Rotla Pir Dargah, Palanpur Patiya, Surat-395009 9662547595|
|9||VADODARA-New Era Senior Secondary School||Near Arpan Complex,Nizampura, Vadodara-390002 02652784597|
|10||JAMNAGAR-PUROHIT SCIENCE SCHOOL||MEHULNAGAR 80 FEET ROAD NR.PRAGATI PARK JAMNAGAR Ph.no 02882562179 Mobile No : 7600713099|
|11||BHARUCH-Amity School||DAHEJ BYPASS ROAD, BHARUCH, 392001 PH 02642239635|
|12||VALLABH VIDYANAGAR-CVM Higher Secondary School||CHARUTAR VIDYA MANDAL HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION (SCIENCE STREAM), Mota Bazar, VALLABH VIDYANAGAR 388120 02692-230760|
|13||PALANPUR-Vidyamandir Trust||Taleybaug (Vidyamandir Campus-1) Palanpur – 385001 Dist: Banaskantha, North Gujarat Tel: +91 – 2742 – 258547, 250215 Fax: +91 – 2742 – 265139|
|14||AMRELI-Shri Saraswati Vidya Mandir (SSVM)||Lathi road behind S. T. Divsion Amreli|
|15||BHAVNAGAR-Vidyadhish Vidyasankul||Vidyadhish Vidyasankul B/5820,Pramukhswami Nagar, Kaliyabid, Bhavnagar, Gujarat 364002 8000410506 8804919031|
|16||VALSAD-BAPS Swaminarayan Vidya Mandir||Dharanagar, Abrama, Valsad 396001 Ph. No.- 9998992822|
|17||MEHSANA-A.M PATEL SEC. ENG. School||A.M PATEL SEC. ENG. School Ganpat Vidyanagar Ganpat University, Mehsana-Gozaria Highway, Kherva, Mehsana – 384012 Contact Numbers: 9512289019, 7575056059(M)|
|18||SURAT-Radiant English Academy||65, Gymkhana Rd, Near Reliance Tower, Piplod, Surat, Gujarat 395007 Phone No: 0261 272 0165|
|19||MODASA-K. N. Shah Modasa High School||ITI Area, BUS STATION ROAD, Modasa, Gujarat 383315 Mobile : 9979340366|