Adolescent Peer Educators Leadership in Life Skills, Health and Wellbeing Programme
The Board Vide Circular No. Acad-80/2021 dated 10th September 2021 has announced to initiate and support the Adolescent Peer Educators Leadership Program for enriching Life Skills, Holistic Health and Wellbeing of its students in collaboration with Expressions India. The Board launched the programme on 23rd November 2021.
The rationale of such initiative is to equip and enable students to play a vital role in creating a participatory climate for behavioral change and adaptation to strengthen the inclusive environment as the COVID – 19 pandemic has impacted the psychosocial wellbeing of children and adolescents across the country. The program aims to empower the Life Skills and Wellbeing Ambassadors and to enrich the climate for Healthy and Happy Schools.
First Phase of the Training Programmes
Around 2462 schools enrolled their students and teachers in the first phase of the training programmes to be conducted under this programme. The nominated students (Peer Educators) and teachers from many of these schools who have been trained under this programme have prepared a plan of action for the successful implementation of Life Skills, Health and Well Being in their schools.
Second Phase of Training Programmes
The Board will start the second phase of the training programmes in the month of May 2022. The schools are requested to send their nominations as per the following:
- Nominate four senior students (Peer Educators) – two each from class IX and XI to participate in the comprehensive orientation program.
- Also nominate one Teacher and the School Counselor/ Wellness Teacher to support the 4 peer educators.
While nominating the representative Peer Educators Team, please ensure that all the team members have the following:
- Enthusiasm and commitment for teamwork
- Good communication skills and empathy for peers
- Ability to model and lead appropriate behavior for others
- Zeal for knowledge and sensitivity towards health and wellbeing issues
How to Register Adolescent Program
- Schools willing to participate may fill up the online registration form available at the link https://forms.gle/WV5sSv4wAm8WWJMr6
- A brief note (400 words) of the online activities being carried out by the school for the promotion of Life Skills, Holistic Health and Wellbeing should also be submitted along with the registration form.
- The last date for filling the online registration form is 30th April, 2022. Only online registration forms will be acceptable.
Number of schools per programme
Around 50 schools shall be enrolled per training programme. The schedule of these programmes shall be accordingly informed to the respective schools. Certificate of Participation (e-certificate) will be awarded to the participating Students and Teachers.
The complete details of the programme are given in Circular No. Acad-80/2021 dated 10th September 2021 and is available at https://cbseacademic.nic.in/web_material/Circulars/2021/80_Circular_2021.pdf
School Heads are requested to encourage the involvement of students, teachers and counsellors for building a continuous climate of life skills education paradigm in the schools.
For further queries, please mail at [email protected]