Are you searching for – The role of English in the educational technology revolution
Then you are at Right Place.
The Complete and Official Information of The role of English in the educational technology revolution
What is PRERANA School ?
Then read on!!!!
Picture a journey that transcends the boundaries of conventional education, a journey that ignites your curiosity and leads you along a captivating path of exploration. This path begins in the heart of Vadnagar, a small town nestled in the Mehsana district of Gujarat, India. Here lies a historic institution that dates to 1888, where a remarkable transformation is set to unfold. The institution is Prerana: The Experiential Learning School, where history will meet innovation, and tradition is seamlessly woven into a future-focused educational experience.
Importance and Implication of the Prerana
The Prerana stands as a tribute to Vadnagar’s indomitable spirit, a living city that has triumphed over challenges like earthquakes and natural calamities. The revival of this school stands as a testament to the fact that even the most extraordinary lives are built upon ordinary foundations. Its essence lies not only in the present but also in the ancient knowledge system which will reinforce the value system, creating experiences that can be replicated and adapted to inspire learners far beyond its walls.
Prerana will be first such school, providing an experience due to its innovative and engaging curriculum which is a novel idea, and unlike traditional teaching, a pioneering concept acknowledging the fact that true education extends beyond textbooks and classrooms.
Nine Themed Classrooms
At the heart of this curriculum is the philosophy of value-based education which is a cornerstone of the NEP 2020. The Prerana will allow students to experience and internalize these values through the latest technology and hands-on activities, through a one-week program. The classrooms will be based on nine themes that provide unique avenues for joyful and meaningful learning through activity-based learning. The themes around which Prerana is founded are the values which are the hallmark of great and true leaders.
The 9 themes will be spread across 8 classrooms. The themes are:
• Swabhiman and Vinay
• Shaurya and Sahas
• Parishram and Samarpan
• Karuna and Sewa
• Vividhta and Ekta
• Satyanishtha and Shuchita
• Navachar and Jigyasa
• Shraddha and Vishwas
• Swatantrata and Kartavya
The participants will also visit archaeological and historical sites that make Vadnagar unique. As participants from various corners of the country converge here, the cultural exchange becomes an invaluable aspect of the experience helping the participants gain insights into the living traditions of other states that shape our nation.
In addition to excursions to archaeological and heritage sites, other diverse activities are also planned that will encompass various modes of learning all under the expert guidance of selected mentors ensuring a holistic learning journey. The students will also understand the growth and glory of the country from ancient Indian civilisation right up to transforming into one of the top 5 economies and landing of Chandrayan on Moon.
Prerana isn’t just about dissemination of knowledge; it fosters a profound sense of self-discovery. Rooted in the timeless wisdom of India’s rich civilisation, this unique initiative embodies a vision harmonising with the principles and ideals emblematic of our Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi. As we embark towards this programme, we are driven by a steadfast dedication to inculcate values intricately woven into the fabric of the Indian education system—values that have endured the test of time and make effective leaders.
Why Should Students Apply to Be a Part of the Prerana
At Prerana , individuals will be nurtured to become not only critical thinkers but also learn about decision making and team building. They will walk alongside the lives of real-life heroes who have exemplified these virtues, discovering how their choices transformed the country and the world. By the time they complete the one-week Prerana programme, they won’t just hold a certificate; they’ll wield the power to make a positive impact wherever they go.
After attending the programme and gaining from the diverse inputs, they would go back to their schools and become advocates and ambassadors of the values and experiences imbibed at Prerana . These students will carry the ethos of Prerana into their respective communities, become changemakers and spark positive change and inspire others.
The selection of participants will be executed following an easy three-stage process, detailed under the “Selection of Participants” section. This selection process will prioritise students from Class 9 to 12, with well-rounded personalities, driven by a deep passion and unwavering enthusiasm for shaping the future of our nation. The students will be accompanied with a guardian teacher from the same district.
Come, Register on the portal, join the programme, and experience yourself.
How to Apply On PRERANA Portal
- • Eligible students will register through PRERANA Portal giving personal details, school details and special achievements.
- • Students will give details of District and Urban/ Rural based on Location of School.
- • The special Achievements along with National/State/District/School level of participation is to be given by the student and for ‘OTHER’ field of achievement, student will write down the name of achievement (Any achievement which is not covered in drop down) and select level.
- • Student may submit more than one achievement in Special Achievement 1,2, 3 and 4 and select level accordingly.
- • If the student is having any medical issues/ ongoing medication, the information is to be filled in the application form.
- • Based on the criteria and the details filled, 200 students will be shortlisted in each district (100 girls and 100 boys).
- • All shortlisted 200 students will be informed by email/message on contact details of school/student as filled in the application for participation in PRERANA UTSAV at nodal school of district.
- • If any student is unable to apply due to technical issues, he/she may approach JNV of the district so that necessary assistance may be provided to apply through portal.
Eligibility for PRERANA School Portal
Students of Class IX to XII from any recognised school of the country.
देश के किसी भी मान्यता प्राप्त स्कूल से कक्षा नौवीं से बारहवीं तक के छात्र।
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPANTS – PRERANA SCHOOL
Two students (01 boy and 01 girl) will be selected for Prerana program from each district.
- ● Students of class IX to XII will register through an online application on the dedicated PRERANA Portal giving personal details, school details, academic and special achievements.
- ● Based on the criteria, details filled, special achievements, 200 students will be shortlisted in each district (100 girls and 100 boys).
- ● All shortlisted 200 students will be informed by email/message on contact details of school/student as filled in the application and called to one Nodal Centre in district – JNV/KV (CBSE School if JNV or KV is not available in district) on a particular day called ‘PRERANA UTSAV’ for orientation cum talent hunt.
- ● Students will exhibit their talent in multi-modal activities like recording a short video, writing essay/poem/story and other creative expression (Painting/ caricature etc.) on given topic like “Why should I be selected for Prerana” or “My Vision of India @ 2047” etc.
- ● The recording and uploading of multi-modal activities / creative expression on portal will be facilitated by the Nodal Centre by arranging required resources.
- ● Teacher Committees of KVS will evaluate evidences of creative expression based on the content and presentation and upload marks on portal.
- ● The students will be shortlisted/selected keeping in mind the representation of at least 50% rural, 50% girls and all other categories.
- ● In special circumstances, children with extraordinary talent can also be nominated directly.
- ● 30 students identified in Stage II will be informed by email/message on contact details of school/student as filled in the application to attend personal interview at JNV/KV of the district.
- ● Final 2 students (1 boy and 1 girl) along with 02 students for reserve panel will be selected through personal interview, achievements, and impromptu writing to judge their personality and suitability for the programme.
- ● Finally selected students will be informed by email/message on contact details of school/student as filled in the application.
- ● The details of the programme, reporting venue in the district, requirements for the programme etc. will be intimated to selected students and their respective schools. 1