What is PMKVY?
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) implemented by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC). The objective of this Skill Certification scheme is to enable Indian youth to take up industry relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Individuals with prior experience are also assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0
The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Phase 3.0 was launched on 15 Jan 2021 in 600 districts across all states of the country. PMKVY 3.0 guidelines envisages training of 8 lakh candidates over the scheme period. The PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana Phase 3 would be implemented with an outlay of Rs. 948.90 crore.
Spearheaded by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0 will focus on new-age and COVID-related skills. Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Mahendra Nath Pandey will launch the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3rd Phase.
PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana Phase 3 Implementation
The 729 Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras (PMKKs), empanelled non-PMKK training centres and more than 200 industrial training institutes under Skill India rolled out PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana Phase 3. PMKVY 3.0 training aims to build a robust pool of skilled professionals.
On the basis of the learning gained from PMKVY 1.0 and PMKVY 2.0, the Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Ministry has improved the newer version PMKVY 3.0 of the scheme. This Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3rd Phase matches current policy doctrine and energize the skilling ecosystem affected due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Skill India Mission which was launched by PM Narendra Modi on July 15, 2015 has gained momentum through the launch of its flagship scheme PMKVY to unlock the vision of making India the ‘Skill Capital’ of the world.
Get Enrolled Under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
1. Find Training Center: The candidate who wants to get benefits of the scheme, have to find the affiliate training center who is offering a skill development course of your choice. The list of training centers is available on the official website of PMKVY at http://pmkvyofficial.org and further information of PMKVY can be obtained by joining Kaushal Vikas Shivir or by calling on the helpline number 88000-55555.
2. Get Enrolled: The second step is to choose the course you are eligible for. To be a trainee, the candidate have to pay training and assessment fees. And at the time of application submission for enrollment, the candidate have to submit their Aadhaar Card and bank account details.
3. Learn a Skill: Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) formulated the National Occupation Standards (NOS) and Qualification Packs (QPs) for trainings under the scheme, which will be received by a candidates from PMKVY affiliated training centers.
4. Be Assessed and Certified: To complete the course and get certified, the applicants will have to give an assessment of SSC approved agency. After passing the assessment and having a valid Aadhaar Card, the candidate will receive a government certification and skill card.
5. Get a Reward: For being certified, the trainee will received a monetary award from the government. The reward amount will be directly transferred to the trainee’s bank account. The certified trainee having a valid bank accounts and has not availed of the monetary reward before, will only be eligible for monetary reward.
How to Apply Online / Registration in Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY 3.0)
- Firstly candidates visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- After this a home page will open on your screen, you have to click on Quick Links.
- 4 options will appear on your screen, you have to click on the link of Skill India.
- After that the Skill India page will open on your screen, you have to click on the candidate.
- After this, a new page will open on your screen, you will have to click on the option of register as a candidate.
- After clicking on the option, the form will appear on your screen.
- In the application form, you have to enter all the asked information like name, date of birth, gender, e-mail id, mobile number, pincode, state, district, sector, job roll etc.
- After this, you will have given the captcha code below, you will have to enter the captcha code, after that you click on the submit button.
- As soon as you click on the submit button, you will have to go to the home page of Skill India, you will have to click on the login section. Once you click on login, you will have to enter your username and password. And click on the login button.
- In this way your application will be completed.
Main features of PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0
- The training under PMKVY is provided based on the standards (National Occupational Standards – NOS and
Qualification Packs – QPs for specific job roles) defined by the industry-driven bodies, namely the Sector Skills Councils (SSCs).
- The skill training is provided based on assessment of skill demand and the ‘Skill Gap Studies’
- Government will provide training aligned with the national flagship programmes such as “Swachch Bharat”, “Digital India”, “Make in India”, “National Solar Mission” and so on.
- The training providers will undergo the due diligence according to the guidelines of PMKVY issued by NSDC before being registered to provide training to the youth. This will ensure the good quality of training.
- The training curricula also includes soft skill training, personal grooming, behavioral change for cleanliness, and good work ethics.
- Trainees with prior skills and experience will be assessed and given monetary rewards for undergoing the assessment.
- Monetary rewards will be provided upon successful training and assessment to the beneficiaries according to their job roles and sectors. Higher incentives will be given to training in manufacturing, construction and plumbing sectors.
- The monetary reward amount will directly be transferred to the bank account of the beneficiary without any intermediaries. This will bring transparency to the system and fasten the whole process. Aadhar number of the beneficiary will be used for unique identification.
- The government also provides mentoring support to the candidates who have successfully completed the training and are looking for employment opportunities.