How To Play
- Like any crossword puzzle, type the letters in the appropriate box in the puzzle grid posted.
- The players may pause their game, if they so wish to, by clicking on the ‘SAVE’ button and can re-start according to their own convenience.
- Once the teams have finished with their solutions, they can submit their solutions by clicking on the ‘SUBMIT’ button. Before clicking the ‘SUBMIT’ button, both the teammates must consult each other and finalize the grid entries for submission.
- Remember, once the team clicks on the ‘SUBMIT’ button, its solutions would be registered as their final submission and the same cannot be retrieved or changed.
PROCEDURE & RULES FOR CCCC 8.0
- To participate in CCCC 9.0, you must first register yourself for the championship at www.crypticsingh.com . Once the registration is done your CCCC 9.0 username and password will be sent to you via email/SMS. Use the log-in credentials sent to you for all the online rounds.
- CCCC 9.0 will comprise 2 Online Rounds preceded by a Practice Round
- The competitive online rounds will be held on 31st July 2021 and 1st August 2021. The Practice Round will be held on 25th July 2021
- The rounds will involve solving the crossword puzzle which will be posted at 1400 Hours IST on www.crypticsingh.com under the head ‘CCCC 9.0–Practice Round/Round I/Round II’.
- You will be required to submit your solutions by 1700 Hours IST on the same day.
- The team with the fastest and all correct solutions will be awarded 100 points. The scores will move in a descending order based on the time taken and correctness of the solutions.
- A Leaderboard of the leading teams will be created for every Round. Leaderboard for every Round shall be posted on www.crypticsingh.com .
- A cumulative total score of all the teams for the two Online Rounds will be used for the Final Leaderboard after the Online Rounds
- Shortlisted teams (selected on the basis of overall scores and city/state/national rankings) from the Final Leaderboard will qualify for the next Face-to-Face Rounds, after which teams will be selected for the Grand Finale. The shortlisting for the Face-to-Face Rounds and Grand Finale will be done by the organizers in consultation with arbiters and will take into account overall points and city/state/national rankings. It will be final and binding upon all participants. The organizers may also permit Wild Card entries for the Grand Finale and Face-to-Face Rounds, using their discretion.
- The Grand Finale is tentatively scheduled to be held in November/December 2021 at New Delhi. It would be subject to the conditions prevailing in view of the corona virus pandemic.
Features and Guidelines
Below are the key features and the step-by-step guide of the contest:
- It is a team contest; a team comprises two students from the same school Single-student entries may also be permitted under special circumstances, subject to conditions.
- The contest is open to students of Std VII to XII; team members may belong to different classes
- A team must register to play the game
- The registration will remain open till the start of Round 2 (1400 Hours of 1st August 2021)
- Click on the link https://cccc.crypticsingh.com/register.aspx to register
- Each registered team will get a password.
- The mobile number of Student 1 (one who registers on behalf of the team) will be the username
- Click on the link www.crypticsingh.com to log in for the game
- Practice Round will begin on July 25, 2021 at 2 pm (1400 Hours)
- Practice Round will close on July 25, 2021 at 5 pm (1700 Hours)
- Online Round 1 will begin on July 31, 2021 at 2 pm (1400 Hours)
- Online Round 1 will close on July 31, 2021 at 5 pm (1700 Hours)
- Online Round 2 will begin on August 01, 2021 at 2 pm (1400 Hours)
- Online Round 2 will close on August 01, 2021 at 5 pm (1700 Hours)
- Marks will be allotted for both correctness and the speed of submission
- At the end of Round 2, a short-listing of teams will be done for the Face-to- Face Rounds.
For quick disposal of any technical issue, Mr. Robin Kumar may be contacted on 7870377958 during office hours. A mail can also be sent to [email protected], in case the above number is not responding, for any reason.