1. The First Computer Virus is ______________
- I Love You
Answer – Creeper
2. What type of symmetric key algorithm using a streaming cipher to encrypt information ?
Answer – RC4
3. Charles Babbage invented
- Difference Engine
- Electronic Computer
- Punched Card
Answer – Difference Engine
4. MCAfee is an Example of
- Quick Heal
- Photo Editing Software
5. What is the Maximum character Linux supports in its filenames?
Answer – 256
6. Which of the following is independent malicious program that need not any host program ?
- Trap doors
- Trojan horse
Answer – Worm
7. Which of the following is NOT an example of a smartcard ?
- A Credit card which can be used to operate a mobile phone
- An electronic money card e.g. Mondex
- A drivers license containing current information about bookings etc
- An access control card containing a digitized photo
Answer – An access control card containing a digitized photo
8. Code Red is ___________
- Word Processing Software
- Photo Editing Software
Answer – Virus
9. What is the default port number for apache and most web servers ?
Answer – 80
10. A DNS translates a domain name into what ?
Answer – IP
11. According to the CIA Triad, which of the below-mentioned element is not considered in the triad ?
Answer – Authenticity
12. This is the model designed for guiding the policies of Information security within a company, firm or organization. What is “this” referred to here?
- CIA Triad
Answer – CIA Triad
13. CIA triad is also known as ____________
- NIC (Non-repudiation, Integrity, Confidentiality)
- AIC (Availability, Integrity, Confidentiality)
- AIN (Availability, Integrity, Non-repudiation)
- AIC (Authenticity, Integrity, Confidentiality)
Answer – AIC (Availability, Integrity, Confidentiality)
14. _______means the protection of data from modification by unknown users.
Answer – Non-repudiation
15. Why these 4 elements (confidentiality, integrity, authenticity & availability) are considered fundamental ?
- They help understanding hacking better
- They are key elements to a security breach
- They help understands security and its components better
- They help to understand the cyber-crime better
Answer – They help understands security and its components better
16. Data ________is used to ensure confidentiality.
Answer – Encryption
17. ________ is one of the most secured Linux OS that provides anonymity and incognito option for securing its user data.
Answer – Tails
18. Which of the following OS does not comes under a secured Linux OS list ?
- Qubes OS
- Tin Hat
Answer – Ubuntu
19. ___________ is a Debian-Linux based OS that has 2 VMs(Virtual Machines) that help in preserving users’ data private.
Answer – Whonix
20. Subgraph OS is a Debian based Linux distro which provides harcore anonymity and is approved by Edward Snowden.
Answer – True
21. Using the _____ account of a UNIX system, one can carry out administrative functions.
Answer – root
22. In Which year the term hacking was coined ?
Answer – 1955-60
23. From where the term ‘hacker’ first cam to existence ?
- Stanford University
- Bell’s Lab
Answer – MIT
24. What is the name of the first hacker’s conference ?
Answer – DEFCON
25. ____________ is the oldest phone hacking techniques used by hackers to make free calls
Answer – Phreaking