What is Smart India Hackathon (SIH) Junior 2022 ?
Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell (MIC), in coordination with All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), has launched Smart India Hackathon (SIH) 2022 and this year they also want school students to participate by submitting innovative ideas and concepts.
Keeping the spirit of doing better year on year, this year SIH-2022 welcomes the participation from school students (6 to 12 Class) under SIH Junior track.
Single Point of Contact (SPOC) registration for the school faculty is now open on the SIH Portal (www.sih.gov.in). The SPOC can nominate school student teams against various themes including Toys, Healthcare, Smart Education etc. available on the official website of SIH-2022.
SIH-2022 will enable students to get hands-on experience and will motivate them to emerge as problem solvers and innovators.
About SIH Junior 2022
This year SIH – 2022 moves to its next level and welcomes the participation from schools (6th to 12th Class) to contribute in the nation building initiative. This is an Open Innovation Student category in which students can give ideas against the pre-defined 15 Themes. The SPOC can nominate school student teams against various themes available on the official of SIH-2022.
Themes for SIH 2022 Junior:
- Renewable/sustainable energy
- Block chain and Cyber Security
- Smart Education
- Disaster Management
- Smart Automation
- Heritage and culture
- Med tech/biotech/health tech
- Agriculture, food tech and rural development
- Smart Vehicle
- Transportation and Logistics
- Robotics and drones
- Clean and green energy
Mode of Hackathon:
- Pre-screening and Finale Evaluation will be organized through Online Mode
- Winning Teams will be felicitate at the physical Nodal Centers across India
How to Participate in SIH Junior 2022
How to Register for School ?
- School Registration is open on the Website till 31st March 2022, Any school can nominate their teams through the portal. This SIH Junior hackathon is for Class 6th to Class 12th students.
- SPOC (Single point of contact) is the person (Principal/Vice Principal/Registrar/Any senior faculty nominated by Principal) who will represent the school and carry out the registration process. They can nominate a maximum of 10 teams per school under 16 Themes (displayed on the website).
- Each team nominated by the SPOC can have a minimum of at max 3 members (Including the team leader) Each team can have their max 2 team members (optional) ( These could be teachers/parents/industry expert)
- A team can be formed of 1 student to 3 student (at max); 2 Mentors (optional) can be teachers/parents/industry experts)
- It is recommended to have at least one female member to be the part of the team.
- All students should be form the same school. Intra-school teams are not allowed.
- Team Name should be unique and not contain the name of their institute in any form.
Working on Problem Statement
Open Innovation :
Teams can work on any Problem Statements of the 15 Themes available on the Website. Students can come up with their own model based on these themes.
Submission of Ideas :
The SPOC then register the teams selected, on the SIH portal along with the following details:
- Team Name
- Name, Gender, Email Id, Mobile no. of the Team Leader and all other Members
- Chosen Problem Statement and its proposed solution with a title, description & presentation PDF.
- School authorization letter
Process and Timelines Selection Criteria & Evaluation
- Idea Submission – 31st March 2022
- Pre-Screening Evaluation – From 1st April 2022
- Grand Finale Evaluation – May/June 2022 (tentative)
- Felicitation of Winners at Nodal Centres (Valedictory) – July 2022
Mentoring and Evaluation Sessions:
- During the mentoring session the team members interact with the judges and representatives form the organizations gaining valuable feedback on the progress of their work and how can it be improved.
- The Evaluation session in the evening is the time when the teams give a presentation of their application and answer the jury’s questions.
Each team had a scheduled time slit of approx. 10-20 minute for each of these sessions conducted via web conference.
For the final evaluation session, the teams had to give a complete walkthrough of their application/prototype developed during this hackathon and also submit a final presentation document.
Prize of the Smart India Hackathon (SIH) Junior 2022
- There winning team for every theme will be posted on the portal.
- 3 Winning Teams for each theme and Prize money is Rs. 25000/-
I hope you like the article of the How to Participate / Register Smart India Hackathon (SIH) Junior 2022. If you like then share to others.
Happy Reading stay Connected.