The Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), under the Government of India, is mandated to provide services for weather, climate, ocean and coastal state, hydrology, seismology, and natural hazards; to explore and harness marine living and non-living resources in a sustainable manner for the country and to explore the three poles of the Earth (Arctic, Antarctic and Himalayas). More about MoES is available at https://www.moes.gov.in/.
Earth Day is celebrated every year on 22nd April. This year’s Earth Day theme is ‘Invest in Our Planet’. As the subject suggested, we all have to step up together and start investing to save our mother Earth.
On the occasion of Earth Day, The Ministry of Earth Sciences invites the public to participate in a ‘Quiz Contest’. The contest is aimed to encourage the zealous youth of the nation for the sustainable development of the planet.
The Earth Day quiz comprises 20 questions that revolve around the theme. These questions are intended to pique participants’ interest in learning more about the holistic evolution of the Earth and Science.
Terms and Conditions of Earth Day Quiz
1. Entry to the Quiz is open to all Indian citizens.
2. The Participant shall abide by all the rules and regulations of participating in the Quiz from time to time.
3. Entry to the Quiz is open to all Indian citizens.
4. This is a timed quiz with 20 questions to be answered in 300 seconds.
5. You will be required to provide your name, email address, telephone number and postal address. By submitting your contact details, you will give consent to these details being used for the purpose of the Quiz and for receiving promotional content.
6. The questions will be randomly picked from the question bank through an automated process.
7. There will be no negative marking.
8. The quiz will start as soon as the participant clicks the Start Quiz button.
9. Once submitted an entry cannot be withdrawn.
10. In case it’s detected that the participant has used unfair means to complete the quiz in unduly reasonable time, the entry may get rejected.
11. Organizers will not accept any responsibility for entries that are lost, are late or incomplete or have not been transmitted due to computer error or any other error beyond the organizer’s reasonable control. Please note proof of submission of the entry is not proof of receipt of the same.
12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, organizers reserve the right to amend or withdraw the Quiz at any time. For the avoidance of doubt this includes the right to amend these terms and conditions.
13. Organizers reserve all rights to disqualify or refuse participation to any participant if they deem participation or association of any participant which is detrimental to the Quiz or the Organizers or partners of the Quiz. The registrations shall be void if the information received by the Organizers is illegible, incomplete, damaged, false or erroneous.
14. MyGov employees and their relatives are debarred from participating in this quiz.
15. Organizer’s decision on the Quiz shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the same.
16. By entering the Quiz, the participant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, mentioned above.
17. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Indian Judiciary.