Are you searching for – How to Participate / Register in YUVIKA – Young Scientist Program 2023
Then you are at Right Place.
The Complete and Official Information of How to Participate / Register in YUVIKA – Young Scientist Program 2023
What is YUVIKA – YUva VIgyani KAryakram (Young Scientist Programme)
Indian Space Research Organisation is organising a special programme for School Children called “Young Scientist Programme” “YUva VIgyani KAryakram”, YUVIKA, to impart basic knowledge on Space Technology, Space Science and Space Applications to the younger students in emerging trends in space science and technology amongst the youngsters, who are the future building blocks of our nation. ISRO has chalked out this programme to “Catch them young”. The programme is also expected to encourage more students to pursue in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) based research /career.
Eligibility in YUVIKA Registration 2023
Student studying in Class ‘9’ as on Jan 01, 2023 within India is eligible to apply.
Yuvika -2023 is being announced. Here are the important Dates
|1||Announcement of Programme||Mar. 15, 2023|
|2||Registration starts||Mar. 20, 2023|
|3||Registration ends||Apr. 03, 2023|
|4||Release of First selection list||Apr. 10, 2023|
|5||Release of Second selection list (due to vacancy/non confirmation in first selection list)||Apr. 20, 2023|
|6||Reporting by Selected students at respective ISRO centres||May 14, 2023 or as intimated by ISRO through registered email of the student.|
|7||YUVIKA Programme||May 15-26, 2023|
|8||Send-off date for selected students from respective centre||May 27, 2023|
The selection of participants in YUVIKA-2023 will be carried out on the basis of following parameters:
|Marks obtained in Class 8 or last conducted exam (Student)||50 %|
|Performance in the online quiz||10%|
|Participation in science fair (school / district / state & above level in last 3 years)||2/5/10%|
|Rank in Olympiad or equivalent (1 to 3 rank in School / District / State & above level in last 3 years)||2/4/5%|
|Winners of sport competitions ( 1 to 3 rank in School / District / State & above level in last 3 years)||2/4/5%|
|Scout and Guides / NCC / NSS Member in last 3 years||5%|
|Studying in Village / Rural School located in Panchayat area||15%|
- A minimum participation will be ensured from each State / UT. The programme is planned at seven centres of ISRO viz.
- Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), Dehradun.
- Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram.
- Satish Dhavan Space Center (SDSC) Sriharikota.
- U. R. Rao Satellite Centre (URSC), Bengaluru.
- Space Applications Centre (SAC), Ahmedabad.
- National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), Hyderabad.
- North-Eastern Space Applications Centre (NE-SAC), Shillong.
- Expenditure towards only the travel of selected student (II AC train fare or AC (including Volvo) bus fare by State Government or authorized transport from nearest Railway Station/ Bust terminal to the reporting centre and back). Student needs to produce original ticket of travel for reimbursement of travel fare from respective ISRO centre. In case the student has not travelled by the II AC train (II AC class), the maximum reimbursement of fare will be limited to II AC train fare only.
- The course material, lodging and boarding etc., during the entire course will be borne by ISRO.
- Student studying in Class ‘9’ as on Jan 01, 2023 within India is eligible to apply.