Are you searching for – Mela Moments – Photography Contest 2022.
Then you are at Right Place.
The Complete and Official How to Participate in Mela Moments – Photography Contest 2022
What is Mela Moments – Photography Contest 2022-23
“Mela Moments” is an initiative by the Ministry of Culture, under the aegis of ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ to work towards popularizing melas across the country. Announced by the Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, during his Mann Ki Baat, the campaign aims to uplift the spirit of the upcoming festive season through visiting melas.
A thread that connects diverse India – the fairs & festivals of our country are an incredible cultural affair. The festive season, being synonymous with the season of fairs has commenced throughout the country with full gusto, & so have the traditional melas associated with them. These melas or fairs, be they religious or cultural, rural or urban, not only provide an unbroken link with the past but also play an important role in boosting the local economy.
Under this campaign, the Ministry is encouraging people to visit their nearest fairs for nostalgia-filled happiness. Through this contest, we invite you to share your treasured #MelaMomentsin HD photos & get a chance to win exciting prizes.
The participants can participate by posting on social media & submitting their entries on myGov.in under four categories –
- ‘Mela Vibes’ which is an ode to the unique & colorful nature of Indian fairs,
- ‘ChatoriGully’ which celebrates the best of mela food,
- ‘Mela Faces’ which captures the happy faces/portraits from fair visits and
- ‘Mela Stalls’ showcases the best items displayed in the fairs.
The campaign will run for six months and every month, the three best photos will be rewarded under each category with a cash prize. The monthly winners under each category will also compete for the grand finale at the end of the campaign i.e. April 2023.
- The entry shall be uploaded on social media &submitted on mygov.in
- File should be of high resolution
- Entries should not be submitted in compressed or self-extracting formats
- The images/videos should not contain any provocative, inappropriate, or objectionable content
- Participants must use the hashtags #MelaMoments, #AmritMahotsav & tag the Ministry of Culture on social media, to get a chance to be featured
Winning images/videos will be featured on the social media handles of the Ministry of Culture and the Top 3 winners under each category will get a chance to win exciting prizes –
- 1st Winner – 10,000
- 2nd Winner – 7,500
- 3rd Winner – 5,000
THE GRAND FINALE WINNERS IN EACH CATEGORY GET A CHANCE TO WIN –
- 1st Winner – 1,00,000
- 2nd Winner – 75,000
- 3rd Winner – 50,000
Last Date of Submission – 31st March 2023
MyGov Website: www.mygov.in/task/share-your-mela-moments/