Are you searching for – CBSE Circular – P.N. Panicker National Reading Day, Week and Month 2023 Celebrations
Then you are at Right Place.
The Complete and Official Information of CBSE Circular – P.N. Panicker National Reading Day, Week and Month 2023 Celebrations
CBSE Circular – P.N. Panicker National Reading Day, Week and Month 2023 Celebrations
The National Education Policy 2020 has emphasized reading as a key skill for foundational learning. The critical role played by Public/ Schools/ Digital libraries towards this end is also highlighted. The P.N. Panicker Foundation has been a key contributor in this area. Honouring the father of the Library Movement, the late P.N. Panicker, 19th June is being celebrated as Reading Day and the following week as the Reading Week. Started as a Reading Day Celebration on 19th June 1996, it has become a mass movement to promote the culture of reading. On 19th June 2017, Hon’ble Prime Minister launched the 22nd National Level Reading Month Celebrations and gave a clarion call to propagate the message of ‘Read and Grow’ among all the citizens of the country by 2022.
The 28th National Reading Day will be celebrated on 19th June 2023, the following week as
Reading Week and Reading Month will be celebrated from 19th June to 18th July 2023. A variety of events will be organized in hybrid mode in Schools/ Colleges/ Libraries by the P.N. Panicker Foundation. The details of these suggestive activities are available at Annexure I.
In view of above, you are requested to celebrate Reading Day, Reading Week and Reading Month by organizing activities as suggested by the P.N. Panicker Foundation or other activities. Students may also be encouraged to participate in the activities and competitions being organized by the Foundation. Further details are available at pnpanickerfoundation.org
Annexure I – Suggestive Activities to be Organized during the 28th Reading Day, Reading Week and Reading Month Celebrations
June 19th – 18th July 2023
- Organization of Seminars/ Symposia/ Workshops etc.
- Organization of Quiz, Elocution, Essay Writing Competitions
- Drawing and Painting Competition
- Recitation, Story-Telling Competition
- Promotion of Group Reading
- Practicing Digital Reading
- Organization of mass run with the slogan ‘Reading for Empowerment’
- Organization of puppetry for reading based activities
- Street plays to inculcate reading habits
- Folk arts depicting reading for growth
- Magic shows highlighting reading for empowerment
- Training programmes to promote digital reading
- Skill development programmes for employability enhancement
- Interaction with authors
- Campaign with the slogan ‘Donate a Book’
- Mini Marathon with the slogan ‘Reading for Development’
- Setting up of Digital Libraries
- Taking Reading Pledge in school assemblies and Panchayat Grama Sabhas