CBSE Circular – Observance of International Year of Millets (IYOM) 2023
As you are aware that Millets are nutrient-dense complete food articles and the year 2023 has been declared as International Year of Millets (IYOM) by the United Nations. In this connection, the following activities may be carried out in the schools:
- Activities related to millets in the form of competitions such as essay, poems, quiz etc.
- A millet map may be hung on the classroom wall prepared together by teachers and students.
- The schools can organize exhibitions showing different millets with their nutritional value and possible recipes providing an opportunity to students to taste them.
- Experts/ farmers should be invited to share their knowledge and experience regarding millet as a crop.
- Inviting different stakeholders including parents to attend the programs
You are requested to do the needful in your school to make the global event for International Year of Millets (IYOM) 2023 a great success.