CBSE Honour for Excellence in Teaching and School Leadership 2021-22
The Central Board of Secondary Education honours outstanding teachers and principals of its
affiliated schools annually on Teachers’ Day i.e. 5th September to recognize their exemplary
contribution to enhance the quality of teaching and learning. This is done to motivate the teaching
fraternity of CBSE affiliated schools.
Each Honour consists of a merit certificate and a cash prize of ₹50,000/-.
Category of Honours
In order to honour outstanding teachers and principals, honours in various categories have been
introduced. The number of honours in each category is given in Annexure ‘A’
|Start Date For Online Application : 1st June, 2022|
|Last Date For Online Application : |
|Click here for Circular|
The application shall be treated complete only if all the mandatory Steps(Registration, General Criteria, Specific Criteria & Recommendations) are submitted successfully.
In case candidate is not able to submit all the required parts of the form, the application will be treated as incomplete/rejected.
All documents to be uploaded should only be in PDF format with size not exceeding 1MB.
Photograph to be uploaded should be in JPG format with size not exceeding 50 KB.
For any query please drop a mail at : [email protected]
Only CBSE Private Independent Schools are allowed.
- All teachers presently working with the private schools affiliated to CBSE who have completed
at least 10 years of regular service as a teacher in either CBSE or any other recognized Board of
school education affiliated school(s) by 31st March 2022 can apply.
- All Principals of the private schools affiliated to CBSE who have completed 10 years of regular
service as a teacher and 5 years as a Principal in CBSE affiliated school(s) by 31st March 2022
- Teachers or Principals retired on 31st March 2022 or after may also apply if they fulfill all other
- Teachers or Principals who have already received CBSE Honour can apply for the National
Awards to Teachers by Ministry of Education, if they are still otherwise eligible.
- Principals cannot apply in the category of teachers.
- An applicant can apply under only one category.
The applicants will be evaluated on the basis of general and specific criteria as given in Annexure
In addition to above, the following should also be submitted by the applicant:
Self-Assessment / appraisal by the applicant (not more than 250 words) addressing the applicant’s teaching achievements or contributions in the field of his/her own subject.
Applicant’s Statement of Teaching Philosophy (not more than 300 words)
o The applicant may write about his/her own Teaching Philosophy Statement reflecting his/her teaching beliefs (eg. what is more important to him/her about teaching and learning in his/her subject/field), specific example(s) of the pedagogical approaches being employed with a rationale for each approach in the subject along with a reflection on the effectiveness of the approaches or strategies being adopted by him/her; integration of environmental issues, local context, values education, life skills education and ICT in day to day teaching.
Recommendation Letter by the School Head/Principal
In case of teacher applicant and Chairman/Manager of SMC in case of Principal with a special focus on the applicant’s teaching approaches; special strengths; teaching innovations and impact on student learning and development; and major contribution to curriculum development; type of relationship maintained with students and fellow teachers.
Letters of Recommendation / Reference
attesting the applicant’s teaching excellence and contributions by fellow teachers, students, parents. (Maximum 3 letters of recommendation, atleast one each from student, parent and fellow teacher) Applicant will have to provide contact information of each recommender from whom the credentials of the applicant may be verified through any means of communication.
- Certificate regarding clean record of service and faultless antecedents and that no legal proceedings or vigilance or any other type of enquiry is pending against the applicant.
- Self-attested copy of Birth Certificate
- Undertaking stating “all the information/data submitted is true to the best of my knowledge”.
- The PGT applicant has to provide a YouTube link of two video graphed lessons of 30 minutes each on different topics of them teaching along with a lesson plan.
- The TGT applicant has to provide a YouTube link of two video graphed lessons of them teaching of 30 minutes each on two different subjects being taught along with lesson plans.
- The PRT applicant has to provide a YouTube link of two video graphed lessons of them teaching of 30 minutes each on different topics along with the lesson plans.
- Special Educators have to provide a YouTube link of 30 minutes video of teaching special student(s).
- School counselors have to provide a YouTube link of 30 minutes to 1 hour video of individual or group counseling session.
All the supporting documents must be verified by the Head of the school in case of a teacher and by the Chairman/Manager in case of a Principal.
Technical specifications for uploading the evidences/supporting documents on the portal:
- All documents to be uploaded should only be in PDF format with size not exceeding 1MB.
- Photograph to be uploaded should be in JPG format with size not exceeding 50 KB
- Video lectures should be uploaded on YouTube and link should be provided.