Are you searching for – Best Speech Essay on World Hypertension Day – 17 May 2023
Then you are at Right Place.
The Complete and Official Information of Best Speech Essay on World Hypertension Day – 17 May 2023
Best Speech Essay on World Hypertension Day – 17 May 2023
Respected Principal Sir, Teachers and My Dear Friends Good Morning to All
World Hypertension Day is observed every year on 17 May. It is observed to spread awareness about Hypertension disease, its prevention, detection and control.
History of World Hypertension Day
The day was established by WHD in May 2005. Hypertension is basically a high blood pressure condition and causes various health problems like heart disease and stroke. In high blood pressure, the force on the arteries is higher and usually it has no symptom. Hypertension is one of the major risk factor for the cardiovascular disease. Hence, in 2002, it was named as ‘the number one killer’ by the WHO in the World Health Report.
Theme of World Hypertension Day 2023
This year, the theme of World Hypertension Day is Measure Your Blood Pressure Accurately, Control It, Live Longer, focusing on combatting low awareness rates worldwide, especially in low to middle income areas, and accurate blood pressure measurement methods.
Due to a life full of chaos, people are not getting time for themselves and are suffering from stress and tension which further leads to hypertension. It can be treated through diet healthy lifestyle. Regular exercise should be done. At least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise or 75 minutes of vigorous – intensity exercise should be done along with walk, jogging, cycling or swimming.
In a shortly, Hypertension is a silent killer but its prevention is possible by adopting a healthy lifestyle.
Previous Years Themes of World Hypertension Day
To promote awareness of hypertension, Pan American Health Organization started a free online course on accurate automated blood pressure (BP) measurement to check BP monitor accuracy in 16 languages.
- World Hypertension Day 2022 Theme: Measure Your Blood Pressure Accurately, Control It, Live Longer
- World Hypertension Day 2021 Theme: Measure Your Blood Pressure Accurately, Control It, Live Longer
- World Hypertension Day 2020 Theme: Know Your Number
- World Hypertension Day 2019 Theme: Know Your Number
- World Hypertension Day 2018 Theme: Know Your Number
Tips to Reduce Blood Pressure
There are various easily implemented tips which can be attempted to reduce blood pressure. A few of them are as follows:
- Increased activity and exercise
- Losing any weight in case of overweight
- Cutting back on refined carbohydrates and sugar
- Taking more potassium and less sodium in the diet
- Avoiding processed food
- Abstaining smoking and alcoholism
- Reducing excessive stress
- Maintenance of a good and restful sleep
- Taking more garlic or garlic extract supplements
- Taking enough healthy high protein foods
- Cutting back on caffeine
Thanks to Beloved Readers.
I Hope you like the article of the Best Speech Essay on World Hypertension Day – 17 May 2023. If you like then share to others.
Happy Reading Stay Connected