The Ministry of Education, Department of Higher Education today launched YUVA- Prime Minister’s Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors, an Author Mentorship programme to train young and budding authors (below 30 years of age) in order to promote reading, writing and book culture in the country, and project India and Indian writings globally.
The launch of YUVA (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors) is in tune with PM’s vision to encourage young writers to write about India’s freedom struggle. It was during Mann ki Baat on 31 January 2021, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi called upon the young generation to write about freedom fighters, incidents associated with freedom, the saga of valour during the period of freedom struggle in their respective areas – as the best tribute to the heroes of India’s freedom – as we celebrate 75 years of Indian Independence.
Highlights of YUVA (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors):
- A total of 75 authors will be selected through an All India Contest to be conducted through https://www.mygov.in/ from 1 June – 31 July 2021.
- The winners will be announced on 15 August 2021.
- The young authors will be trained by eminent authors/mentors.
- Under the mentorship, the manuscripts will be readied by 15 Dec. 2021 for publication.
- The published books will be launched on 12 January 2022 on the occasion of National Youth Day (Yuva Diwas).
- A consolidated scholarship of Rs.50,000 per month for a period of six months per author will be paid under the Mentorship Scheme
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently announced the launch of the YUVA Mentoring scheme, a programme that will help young authors pursue their love for writing by promoting the Indian heritage and history through their works.
PM Modi said that the scheme aimed at creating a pool of under-30 authors to promote Indian heritage, culture and knowledge offers an “interesting opportunity” for youngsters to harness their writing skills and contribute to the nation’s intellectual discourse.
Based on mentorship, the selected authors will prepare manuscripts for final selection under the guidance of the nominated mentors.
The entries of the winners will be readied for publication by 15th December 2021.The published books may be launched on 12th January 2022 on YUVA DIVAS or the National Youth Day.