Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) MAIN will be conducted by the NTA from 2019 onwards. This Examination was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018.
JEE Main is applicable for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
See JEE Main 2019 highlights below:
|JEE Main 2019 Overview|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Courses Offered||B.E, B.Tech, B.Plan, B.Arch|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online/Offline|
|No. of Papers||2|
|No. of Attempts||3|
|JEE Helpline No.||7042399520 (or) 21 (or) 25 (or) 26|
- Conducted Authority: JEE Main 2018 was conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) but JEE Main 2019 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
- Level: It is a National Level Entrance Examination which will be conducted in 248 major cities all across India and also in 10 overseas countries.
- Courses: JEE Main is considered as the biggest engineering entrance exam for admission to B.TECH/B.E and B.ARCH/B.Planning courses offered by Top Engineering Colleges in India.
JEE Main 2019 is to be held twice a year:
Ministry of Human Resource Development has released notification that JEE Main 2019 will be conducted twice a year from 2019 onwards. They have also confirmed that the dates on which these exams will be conducted.
It has also been confirmed that students will have options of 8 sittings, from which they need to choose any one sitting to attend examination online.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Dates (April Session)
|JEE Main Events||Important Dates|
|Release of Notification||8th February 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Application Form||8th February 2019 onwards|
|Application Deadline||7th March 2019|
|Admit Card Release||25th March 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Exam Date||06th April to 20th April 2019|
|JEE Result||30th April 2019|
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility
|Academic Qualification||Cleared 12th in 2017 or 18 /appearing in 2019|
|Age Requirement||on or after 1st October 1994|
|Upper Age Limit||5 years for reserved categories|
|Reservation Categories||OBC, SC, NCL, ST, PWD|
- The candidates must fulfill the JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria before filling up the application form. The candidate needs to clear their class 12th examination or any qualifying examination in the year 2017 or 2018.
- Aspirants who are appearing in class 12th or qualifying exams in the year 2019 are also eligible to apply for the JEE Main 2019 examination.
- The applicants whose is born on or after 1st October 1994 will be eligible to appear for entrance examination.
- The upper age limit relaxation of 5 years is given for candidates who have reservation benefits.
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 or Equivalent in the year 2017 or 2018 or candidates appearing in 2019|
|Diploma Holders||Eligible to apply only in IITs can appear in JEE Main and Advanced|
|Mark Requirement||There is no Minimum Requirement|
|Subject Requirement||Candidate should have studied a minimum of 5 subjects in 10+2|
Attempt Limit for JEE Main 2019:
- Candidates can attempt for JEE Main 3 times irrespective of the categories which they belong to.
- For JEE Advanced exam, aspirants can appear twice in consecutive years.
JEE Main 2019 Application Form
|Application Form Deadline||30-09-2018|
|JEE Main 2019 Application Fees (Paper 1)||INR 500(Gen/OBC), INR 250(Girls, SC, ST, PWD)|
|JEE Main 2019 Application Fees (Paper 1 & 2)||INR 900(Gen/OBC), INR 450(Girls, SC, ST, PWD)|
|Mode of Payment||Debit/Credit/Paytm/E-Challan|
- JEE Main 2019 Application Form has been released on 1st September 2018 and the registration process will end on 1st January 2019. Candidates should provide authentic details while filling up the online application form.
- JEE Main 2019 Application Fee is INR 1000 for (General / OBC Candidates) and INR 500 for (SC / ST / PWD / Girl Candidates).
- The application fee payment can be made through credit/debit card/Paytm or by depositing fee in cash in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI bank through e-challan.
JEE Main 2019 Application Fees
Offline Exam Fees for JEE Main 2019
The Offline exam fees for JEEMain 2019 for categories OBC, General, SC, ST and Others are mentioned below:
|Exam Centres in India||OBC/General||SC/ST/Others|
|Paper 1 or Paper 2||INR 500 for Boys, INR 250 for Girls||Both INR 250|
|Paper 1 and Paper 2||INR 900 for Boys, INR 450 for Girls||Both INR 450|
|Exam Centres Outside India||OBC/General||SC/ST/Others|
|Paper 1 or Paper 2||INR 2000 for Boys, INR 1000 for Girls||Both INR 1000|
|Paper 1 and Paper 2||INR 3000 for Boys, INR 1500 for Girls||Both INR 1500|
JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction:
The correction window for JEE Main 2019 application will be made available in the month of January. This provides the candidates with an opportunity to rectify any mistakes in the application form.
|JEE Main 2019 Application Correction Date||8th October to 14 October 2018|
|Mode of Correction||Online|
|No Correction for||Exam Mode (CBT/PBT)|
|Additional Fee Payment Mode||Debit/Credit/E-Wallet/E-Challan|
How to Correct JEE Main 2019 Application Form?
- Candidate needs to visit the official website (jeemain.nic.in).
- Login with the pre-allotted application form and password.
- The application form filled by the candidate appears.
- Click on the edit button at the end of the page.
- Click on the submit button after making the required changes.
- Take a print out of the same for further reference.
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus
The JEE Main 2019 Syllabus is as follows:
- Paper 1: Questions related to Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics topics of class 11th and class 12th syllabus prescribed by CBSE will be asked in the paper 1 of JEE Main 2019 examination.
- Paper 2: Questions related to Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Drawing topics will be asked in paper 2 of JEE Main 2019 examination.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Centres
- Election: Candidates can select an exam centre according to their preference while filling the online application form.
- Seat Allocation: There are 248 exam centres in India and 10 exam centres outside India. The allotment will be based on the availability of the seats in the JEE Main 2019 exam centre.
JEE Main 2019 Offline Mode Exam Centres:
|Sl. No.||State||City||JEE Main 2019 Exam Centres (Offline Mode)|
|1||ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR||PORT BLAIR||Pen Paper Based|
|2||ANDHRA PRADESH||GUNTUR||Pen Paper Based|
|3||ANDHRA PRADESH||TIRUPATI||Pen Paper Based|
|4||ANDHRA PRADESH||VIJAYAWADA||Pen Paper Based|
|5||ANDHRA PRADESH||VISHAKAPATNAM||Pen Paper Based|
JEE Main 2019 Offline Mode Exam Centres:
|SL No||State||City||JEE Main 2019 Exam Centres (Online Mode)|
|1||ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR||PORT BLAIR||Computer Based|
|2||ANDHRA PRADESH||ANANTAPUR||Computer Based|
|3||ANDHRA PRADESH||BAPATLA||Computer Based|
|4||ANDHRA PRADESH||BHEEMAVARAM||Computer Based|
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
JEE Main 2019 has two papers. Paper 1 is applicable for (B.E/B. Tech) programme and Paper 2 is applicable for (B. Arch/B. Planning) programme. Candidates can take Paper 1 or Paper 2 or both as per the courses they are seeking admission to through JEE Main 2019.
Exam Pattern for Paper 1:
|Number of Questions||30||30||30||90|
JEE Main 2019 Pattern for Paper 1: JEE Main 2019 Paper 1 will have a total of 90 MCQ’s and it will be divided into 3 sections (30 MCQ’s from each section). Each section carries a total of 120 marks and the candidates can score a maximum of 360 marks in Paper 1 examination.
Exam Pattern for Paper 2:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
JEE Main 2019 Pattern for Paper 2: JEE Main 2019 Paper 2 will have a total of 80 MCQ’s and it will be divided into 2 sections (Section 1 20 MCQ’s and Section 2 50 MCQ’s) and 2 drawing questions where each question carries 35 marks. The candidates can score a maximum of 390 marks in Paper 2 examination.
|JEE Main 2019||Subjects||Total Marks||Mode of Exam|
|Paper 1 (B.E/B. Tech)||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||360||(Offline) Pen and Paper based(Online) Computer-based.|
|Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning)||Mathematics Aptitude Test Drawing Test||390||(Offline) Pen and Paper based only.|
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card:
- Availability: The JEE Main 2019 Admit Card can be downloaded from 10th March 2018 onwards. Admit Cards will be generated only for the eligible applicants who complete the registration process successfully without any mistakes.
- Credentials: To download the JEE Main 2019 Admit Card the candidates must submit their Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Pin in the admit card portal on the JEE Main official website.
- The applicants who are opting for online mode of exam can book slots for themselves.
- The candidates are expected to carry their admit card along with an ID proof to the exam centre in order to appear for the same.
JEE Main 2019 Results:
- Scorecard: The score and rank for all candidates who have appeared in JEE Main 2019 examination will be declared on 30th April 2019. The score shall comprise the actual marks obtained in JEE Main entrance exam along with the status of those who qualify for appearing in JEE Advanced 2019.
- Rank Sheet: The JEE Main 2019 rank sheet/scorecard shall comprise of All India Rank (AIR) and All India category rank. Only the All India Rank (AIR) will be used as a valid score for admissions through Central Seat Allocation Board to NIT’s/IIIT’s/CFTI’s/SFI’s/Others while other ranks are for information purposes.
JEE Main 2019 Counselling:
- Conducting Authority: The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is the responsible authority for the seat allotment process, document verification and JEE Main 2018 counselling.
- Reservation: In JEE Main 2019 out of all the admission seats available 47.5% of seats will be reserved for General Merit, 27% of seats will be reserved for OBC candidates, 15% of seats will be reserved for SC candidates, 7.5% of seats will be reserved for ST candidates and remaining 3% of seats will be reserved for PwD candidates.
JEE Main 2018 Registration Statistics:
JEE Main 2019 Code of Conduct:
- Code 1: Candidates should maintain perfect silence and attend to their Question Paper only. Any conversation or gesture or disturbance in the Examination Room/Hall shall be deemed as misbehaviour.
- Code 2: If an applicant is found using unethical means or impersonating then his/her candidature shall be cancelled and (s)he will be liable to be debarred from taking JEE Main examination either permanently or for a specified duration of time according to the nature of the offence.
- Code 3: Applicants are not allowed to carry any Calculators, Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, Docu Pen, Textual material, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Printed or written material, bits of papers, mobile phone, pager or any other device, except the admit card inside the Examination Hall.
- Code 4: If an applicant is in possession of any of the above item then his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her current JEE Main examination will be cancelled & (s)he will also be debarred for future examinations & the equipment will be seized.
- Code 5: The candidate shall not remove any page from the Test-Booklet (in case of Pen and Paper Based Examination) and if he/she is found to have removed any pages from his/her Test Booklet then he/she will be presumed to have used unfair means and shall be liable for criminal action.
JEE Main 2019 Contact Details:
|Address||JEE(Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education,|
Plot No. 149, Block – H,
Sector – 63, Noida – 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (Uttar Pradesh)
|Helpline Number||7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
|Computer Based Examination Helpline Number||18002669778 (The queries related to Computer Based examination only will be attended from 1st March 2018 onward)|
|Computer Based Exam Email ID||[email protected] (The E-mails related to Computer Based examination only will be attended from 1st March 2018 onward)|
JEE Main 2019 Guidelines:
- Candidates are advised to check the Admit Card carefully for their Name, Paper, Date of Birth, Gender, Test Centre, Name, City, State Code of Eligibility and Category. In case of any discrepancy then communicate to Secretariat/CBSE immediately for necessary action.
- The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidate subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- Candidates should reach the exam centre at least 2½ hours before the exam so as to complete the registration formalities well before the time. The registration desk in the exam centre will be closed 05 minutes prior to the examination.
- The candidate must show the Admit Card on demand for admission in the examination room/hall. A candidate who doesn’t have the Admit Card issued by the CBSE Board shall not be permitted to write the exam under any circumstances by the Centre Superintendent.
- The candidates claiming the relaxation under PwD category must carry with them the copy PwD certificate in the prescribed format issued by the Competent Authority.
- No applicants will be allowed to enter the exam centre under any circumstances after the commencement of the examination.
- A seat indicating roll number will be allocated to each candidate. Candidate should find out and occupy their allotted seat only. Any candidate found to have changed room or the seat on his/her own other than allotted then his/her candidature shall be cancelled and no plea would be accepted for it.
- The candidate should ensure that the JEE Main question paper available on the computer is as per his/her choice of medium. In case the exam question paper is in a language other than his/her choice made while filling the application form then it must be brought to the notice of the Invigilator concerned.
- No Candidate will be allowed to carry any baggage inside the Examination Centre. JEE Apex Board will not be responsible for any belongings stolen or lost on the premises.
- Applicants are not allowed to carry any textual material, Docu Pen, Calculators, Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, Slide Rules, Log Tables, any printed or written material, mobile phone, bits of papers, pager or any other device, except the Admit Card and identity proof inside the Examination Room/Hall.
- If any applicants are in possession of any of the above-mentioned items then his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her current exam will be cancelled & s(he) will also be debarred from any future examinations & the equipment will be seized by authority.
- Smoking and eating are strictly prohibited in the examination room.
- Coffee, Milkshake, Tea, cold drinks or snacks are not allowed to be taken into the examination hall during examination hours.
- Approach the Centre Superintendent/Invigilator in the room for any technical assistance, first aid emergency or any other information during the course of an examination.
- No applicants will leave his/her seat or examination hall for the full duration of the exam without the permission of the Centre Superintendent or the Invigilator. The applicants must follow the instructions strictly as instructed by the Centre Superintendent/Invigilators.
- For any queries or issues regarding computer-based examination then the candidates may contact on toll-free Call Centre Number which is mentioned above.
- The candidates suffering from diabetes are allowed to carry into the examination hall the eatables like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/ orange) and transparent water bottle. However, the candidates are not allowed to carry packed foods like chocolate/candy/sandwich in the examination hall.
JEE Main 2019 News:
- Frequency: JEE Main will likely be held twice a year.
- According to recent news, from the year 2019, JEE would be conducted by NTA instead of CBSE.