NEST 2019 Application Form has been started from 7th January 2019. (National Entrance Screening Test) will be organized to offered admission in 5 years of integrated M.Sc programme. The admission will be offered by the National Institute of Science Education & Research (NISER), Bhubaneshwar and University of Mumbai-Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences, Mumbai. It is a national level entrance exam. The above course is provided in these areas, i.e. Basic Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. NEST Notification has been released. The exam is conducted once in a year. Here, we have mentioned the NEST 2019 complete details.
NEST 2019 Notifications – Application Started
NEST 2019 Application form has been started from 7th January 2019.Check here for application details.
NEST 2019 Notification and Exam details has been released.Get latest news & updates about NEST 2019 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:
NEST 2019 Exam Dates
The NEST exam dates for 2019 are given here. Candidates can check and follow the events as per the given dates.
|Notification related application form||3rd January 2019|
|Opening of online application form||7th January 2019|
|Closing of application form||11th March 2019|
|Availability of admit card||24th April 2019|
|Date of examination||1st June 2019|
|Declaration of result||17th June 2019|
NEST Application Form 2019
It is advised to the applying candidates that first read the complete information brochure and then fill the application form.
- Candidates have to register online on the official website to fill further online application form.
- The registration has been started from 7th January 2019.
- The NEST application form can be filled till 11th March 2019.
- After click on ‘Registration’ and ‘Login’ candidates have to fill the academic and personal details.
- Candidates have to fill the 5 exam city preferences while filing application form.
- Also upload the digital copy of passport size photograph and scanned image of signature in .jpeg or .jpg format (size limit: 100 kb).
- Take the printout after the submission of application fee.
- The application fee for General and OBC male is Rs. 1200 (Rs. 600/- SC/ST) and for Female, SC/ST and PwD category candidates Rs. 500/-.
- Application fee can be paid through SBI payment gateway. It can also be paid using debit cards/credit cards issued by all major banks or through net banking facility.
Check here – How to Fill NEST 2019 Application Form
Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria given below to be eligible to sit in the NEST 2019 entrance exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognized Board in India in the years 2017 or 2018 or be appearing for the same in 2019.
- Subjects: Candidate should be from regular science stream with only combination of at least three subjects among Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics in classes XI and XII.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must obtained at least 60% marks in aggregate in class 12th examination. For candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD categories, the minimum requirement of marks is relaxed to 55% in aggregate.
- Age Limit: General and OBC category candidates should born on or after August 01, 1999.
- The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
NEST Exam Pattern 2019
Here, candidates can check the exam pattern of NEST 2019 exam.
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through online (CBT) mode.
- Duration: The exam will be of about 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Type of Questions: Objective (MCQ) type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 230 marks.
- Language: The language of question paper will be English only.
- Sections: The question paper will consist of 5 (five) sections, each of the section will be 50 marks but general section will carry 30 marks.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking in section 1. There is a negative marking for answering wrong in other sections.
NEST 2019 Syllabus
The exam conducting authority will published the syllabus for the exam on their website. The NEST syllabus will follows the NCERT/CBSE science syllabus of class 11th & 12th.
However, there is no specific syllabus for the general section. It is only to test the candidate’s aptitude for a career in science.
Some questions will be asked to test the candidate’s general ability to comprehend qualitative and quantitative aspects of a given scientific passage.