National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007. Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country. NEST 2020 will be conducted in around 90 cities [see list] across India. The brochure gives the detailed procedure for applying for the test, syllabus of the test and various deadlines.
How to Fill Form
- National Entrance Screening Test NEST 2020 Admission Online Form Candidate Can Apply Between 07/01/2020 to 03/04/2020.
- Candidate Read the Notification Before Apply the Admission Application Form in NEST Integrated M.Sc. Course Online Form 2020.
- Kindly Check and Collect the All Document – Eligibility, ID Proof, Address Details, Basic Details.
- Kindly Ready Scan Document Related to Recruitment Form – Photo, Sign, ID Proof, Etc.
- Before Submit the Application Form Must Check the Preview and All Column Carefully.
- If Candidate Required to Paying the Application Fee Must Submit. If You have Not the Required Application Fees Your Form is Not Completed.
- Take A Print Out of Final Submitted Form
- Registration / Online application opens : January 08, 2020 (2:30 pm)
- Online application closes : April 3, 2020 (midnight) [First Friday of April]
- Download of admit card starts : April 24, 2020, 6:30 pm
- Date of examination : June 06, 2020 (Saturday), Session-I: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm, Session-II: 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm [First Saturday of June]
- Announcement of results on NEST website : June 16, 2020 [Third Tuesday of June]
- First Counselling of NISER Bhubaneswar : To be Announced
- First Counselling of CEBS Mumbai : To be Announced
Eligibility criteria for admission
Candidates must qualify all four eligibility criteria listed below:
- Candidates in General and OBC category should be born on or after August 01, 2000. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Divyangjan candidates.
- Class XII qualifying examination should be passed in either 2018 or 2019. Candidates appearing in 2020 are also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
- At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII (or equivalent) examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Divyangjan candidates, the minimum requirement is 55%.
- Candidate should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
- General / OBC / EWS : 1200/-
- SC / ST / PH : 600/-
- All Category Female : 600/-
- Pay the Examination Fee Through Debit / Credit Card, Net Banking Mode
- Niser : 200 Seats
- CBS : 57 Seats