Online applications are invited from eligible students for admission to Class XI against the vacant seats likely to be available in JNVs during the academic year 2019-20. Admission will be made on the basis of performance of students in Class X Board Examinations by CBSE / State Education/ other recognized Board. .
Also Check It Out Our Video on Navodaya Class 11 Admission Online
The main objectives of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti as set forth in the Memorandum of Association are:
- To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education to the talented children predominantly from the rural areas, without regard to their family’s socio-economic condition.
- To ensure that all students of NavodayaVidyalayaSamiti attain a reasonable level of competence in three languages as envisaged in Three Language Formula.
- To serve, in each district, as focal point for improvement in the quality of school education in general, through sharing of experiences and facilities, and
- To promote national integration through migration of students from Hindi to nonHindi speaking State and vice-versa.
Salient Features of Navodaya Scheme
Good quality modern education for talented children predominantly from rural areas.
- Co-educational and fully residential, up to Class-XII.
- Location – usually in rural areas.
- Free education including boarding and lodging as well as expenses on Uniforms, Text Books, and Stationery etc.
- Affiliated to CBSE.
- Admission in Class-VI only, through objective type test designed and conducted in the concerned district.
- Implementation of Three-Language Formula.
- The medium of instruction in JNVs is the mother tongue or regional language up to class VIII and thereafter English for Maths & Science and Hindi for Social Science. Students of JNVs appear for board examinations of CBSE
- 30% of students in Class-IX from a Vidyalaya located in Hindi speaking area spend one academic year in a Vidyalaya in non-Hindi speaking area and vice versa to promote national integration through understanding of the diversity and plurality of country’s culture and people
- Date of Birth of the candidate is to be between 1st June 2001 to 31st May 2005(both days inclusive).
This is applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
The candidate must have passed Class X from a recognized school (affiliated to CBSE or any other State Education / other recognised Board) of the State where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is located during the academic session 2018-19
Criteria for Admission of Students to Class-XI against vacant seats
- Admission of students will be made against available vacancies in Class-XI on the basis of marks secured by students in Class-X Board Exam during academic session 2018-19.
- Selection of students will be done as per following steps:
a) District wise merit list will be prepared and students will be selected against the vacancies.
b) After selecting students against the vacancies in the JNV of the district, a common merit list will be prepared at State level. After step a) the vacancies exist in any of the JNV of the same State will be filled from the State level merit list by considering the option exercised by the candidate.
c) After selection by step a) & b), if the selected candidate does not join even after making all efforts, vacant seats will be filled only from State level merit list.
- The selected students will be informed by the Principal of the concerned JNV by SMS/Speed post.
- Newly admitted students have to undergo medical check up by the Vidyalaya Doctor. Students suffering from infectious disease/serious ailments shall not be admitted.
- Ten days orientation program will be arranged for newly admitted students to bridge the learning gaps and to adapt them for new environment.
Scheme of Studies
Streams available in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya will be allotted to students as per the criteria decided by the Samiti for allocation of streams to the students joining Class-XI as under
Additional weightage of marks for admission to Science/Commerce Streams in Class-X
Weightage is given to the eligible Sports/NCC/Scout/Guide students for admission to various streams in Class-XI in accordance with the criteria decided by the Samiti.
The candidate can fill the online application form directly on NVS website www.navodaya.gov.in from 11 th May 2019 (from 00:00 Hrs).
While education in the schools is free.
including boarding, lodging, uniforms and textbooks, a nominal fee is collected from the students of Classes IX to XII only as per NVS policy.
However, children belonging to SC/ST, Girls and from families whose income is below poverty line (BPL) are exempted from payment of fee. The last date to apply is 10th June 2019.
Declaration of Select List
Select List will be notified at the Vidyalaya Notice Board as well as published in the website of JNVs concerned. Selected candidates will also be intimated by post.
How to Apply Navodaya Class XI (11th) Admission Form 2019
Application Form Starts Now Click Here to Registration
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS INVOLVES 3 STEPS:
2. Submission of Personal Details (including stream and district preference & uploading of Images). Kindly keep the scanned copy of candidate’s signature, parent’s signature and candidate’s photograph ready before filling up personal details.
3. Submission of marks scored in class X (2018-2019). Kindly keep a scanned copy of your marksheet ready before start filling up class X details.