Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) is an autonomous organization under the Government of India, Ministry of Resource Development.
NVS runs an alternative school system called Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) for talented and gifted Indian students.
Every year NVS releases application for admission to Class VI, IX and Class XI for talented students from different districts of the states. Class VI and IX admission is achieved by means of a screening test called JNVST (Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Screening Test). Whereas in Class XI admission is done by lateral merit-based entry in Class X. Each year a large number of children from various states apply for admission to these schools.
There are total 661 JNV in India till date. The complete details about the number of JNVs is shared below-
NVS Admission 2020 Schedule
|Application form 2020||1st July 2019|
Last date to apply online
15th September 2019
|Admit card release date||To be updated|
|JNVST Exam 2020||1st Phase- 11 Jan 2020|
2nd Phase- 11 April 2020
|Answer key date||–|
|Cut off marks||–|
|Result/selection list 2019||–|
NVS Admission application form 2019
NVS Class VI – Open from 1st July 2019 And Closes on 15 Sep 2019
Apply Here | Login Here
NVS Admission- A Brief detail
|Admission||Navodaya School Admissions|
|Article type||NVS Admission information|
|Admission level||National level|
|School name||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya|
|Affiliation of the schools||CBSE|
|Mode of application procedure||Online|
|Selection Basis||Written test and lateral entry|
|Classes||VI, IX, XI|
|Area covered||Pan India|
- Application forms can be filled through the online mode.
- advised to keep all required documents.
How to fill NVS school admission application form?
Candidates/guardians can follow the given procedure to fill the application form. It is a general process to fill application for class VI, IX, & IX.
- Applicants firstly have to visit the official website of NVS
- On the homepage of the portal, they have to search for the relevant application link for the class they have to get admission in.
- On opening the application link, applicants are redirected to the registration page.
- Fill the required details such as email ID, mobile no. etc.
- After successful registration, applicants have to fill the application form. All the personal details, qualification details, and other information must be filled accurately in the form.
- Now they have to upload scanned copy of all the documents in the prescribed format.
- Once application form is filled applicants must review it.
- By clicking on the submit button application will be submitted.
- Lastly, candidates can take a print out of the application form for future references.
Navodaya Admission Application fee
Application procedure for admission to Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is completely free. No application fee is charged from any of the candidate.
NVS Admission Eligibility
Before filling out the application form, all candidates / parents applying for NVS admissions must read the eligibility requirements. We will only need to fill out the application form if we fulfill the eligibility requirements.
Eligibility criteria for admission to NVS in all the classes (i.e. VI, IX & XI) is as follows-
- Candidates must be from the district where the JNV has been opened.
- Candidate must be of age group 9 to 13 years (Applicable to all categories).
- Students must have qualified class V from a recognized board.
- Candidates should have not appeared in JNVST test earlier.
- Candidates must be of age between 13 to 16 years as on 1st May of the year of admission (for all candidates).
- Candidates must have studied class VIII from govt./ Govt. aided recognized school.
- Candidates must be of age between 14 to 18 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
- Must have qualified class X from a recognized board.
- Must have reasonable competency in English and Hindi.
Every year NVS release application for admission to class VI, VIII and XI. Admission to NVS are mainly done on the basis of selection test and merit.
- JNVST Selection test
Class VI and Class IX admission is done strictly on the basis of a Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) entrance test class. All candidates who want to get JNVs admission must appear and qualify for JNVST. After the completion of entrance test, conducting authority invite the selected candidates for document verification and finally, admission made to the respected school.
JNVST Selection Test
Exam Pattern for Class VI
- Mode of exam- Offline (OMR-based)
- Total questions- questions
- Question type- objective type
- Subjects – Mental ability, Arithmetic, Language
- Medium of question paper- Any language out of 21 languages
- Duration- 2 hours
- Negative marks- No
Exam Pattern for Class IX
- Mode of exam- Offline (OMR-based)
- Question type- objective type/ Descriptive
- Section- 4
- Subjects – English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science
- Medium of question paper- English/ Hindi
- Duration- 3 hours
- Total marks- 100
- Negative marks- No
- Syllabus- based on class VII
NVS Test Centre
The selection test is carried out at the different Navodaya Vidyalayas established throughout the country. As a rule, candidates are assigned the same district Navodaya Vidyalaya for which they filed the application as the test center. Under no conditions shall any proposal for change of exam center be approved.
NVS Admission Documents to submit
All the selected candidates are required to report the allotted school for verification of all the certificates and documents on the specified dates.
Below is the list of all the documents that are required to be verified at the time of admission-
- Address/residence proof
- Age proof- Birth certificate for class VI & IX and for class XI, mark sheet of class X is considered as age proof.
- Certificate of caste and category issued by the competent authority (in case of SC/ST candidates)
- Relevant certificate if candidate apply for admission under Rural Category.
- Physically disable certificate
- Relevant certificate if candidate apply under transgender category.
- Other documents (if applicable)
NVS Admission- Unique feature
- Migration of students for national integration-
NVS has a unique feature under which NVS students can move from area to area. Under this scheme, 30 per cent of students from one linguistic region’s Navodaya Vidyalaya are migrated to another Class IX JNV of different linguistic region to understand the diversity and plurality of Indian culture.
Migration usually takes place between Hindi speaking regions that speak NonHindi. If the selected students or their parents fail to move to another state then they will not be permitted to continue their JNV studies.
- Migration of students and Three language formula
This unique feature of student migration in NVS is to foster national integration that essentially follows a three language formula. The three languages comprise the languages Hindi, English and Regional.
The third language in Hindi speaking regions is the language of migrated students and vice-versa. This language is compulsory for all.
- Marks obtained by candidates in the selection test are not communicated in NVS admission process.
- There is no provision of re-evaluation of answer books.
- Parents must be present at the allotted school with their wards for the verification of documents. Two final notices are sent to them through the registered post.
- If the selected candidate does not report for certificate verification even after two reminders than regional office will release the wait list.
- Admission process to class VI through the main list is usually completed by 30th June and to class XI by 15th July every year.
Leave a Comment