About Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS)
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Resource Development, Government of India. NVS runs a system of alternate schools for talented and gifted students of India called as Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs).
These schools were established to find the talented children from rural areas of the country and to provide them quality education so that they can compete without facing any disadvantages. All the JNVs are co-educational and fully residential schools. These schools are affiliated to CBSE.
Every year NVS release application for admission of talented students from various districts of the states to class VI, IX and class XI. Admission to class VI and IX are made through a selection test called JNVST (Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test). Whereas admission to class XI are done through lateral entry based on merit in class X. A large number of children from different states apply every year for admission to these schools.
List of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
There are total 661 JNV in India till date. The complete details about the number of JNVs is shared below-
NVS Admission 2020 Schedule
|Application form 2020||1st July 2019|
Last date to apply online
15th September 2019
|Admit card release date||To be updated|
|JNVST Exam 2020||1st Phase- 11 Jan 2020|
2nd Phase- 11 April 2020
|Answer key date||–|
|Cut off marks||–|
|Result/selection list 2019||–|
NVS Admission application form 2019
NVS Admission- A Brief detail
|Admission||Navodaya School Admissions|
|Article type||NVS Admission information|
|Admission level||National level|
|School name||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya|
|Affiliation of the schools||CBSE|
|Mode of application procedure||Online|
|Selection Basis||Written test and lateral entry|
|Classes||VI, IX, XI|
|Area covered||Pan India|
Navodaya Application/Registration Form
- NVS notify students about admission to the new session through publicity in Doordarshan, All India Radio, NVS website, local news papers, pamphlets, regional offices, local Navodaya Vidyalayas etc.
- Application forms can be filled through the online mode.
- Applicants must read all the admission guidelines and instructions carefully before filling the application form so that they can avoid various problems that arises during the application process.
- All the applicants/parents are advised to keep all the necessary documents ready with them before filling the admission form.
How to fill NVS school admission application form?
Candidates/guardians can follow the given procedure to fill the application form. It is a general process to fill application for class VI, IX, & IX.
- Applicants firstly have to visit the official website of NVS
- On the homepage of the portal, they have to search for the relevant application link for the class they have to get admission in.
- On opening the application link, applicants are redirected to the registration page.
- Fill the required details such as email ID, mobile no. etc.
- After successful registration, applicants have to fill the application form. All the personal details, qualification details, and other information must be filled accurately in the form.
- Now they have to upload scanned copy of all the documents in the prescribed format.
- Once application form is filled applicants must review it.
- By clicking on the submit button application will be submitted.
- Lastly, candidates can take a print out of the application form for future references.
Navodaya Admission Application fee
Application procedure for admission to Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is completely free. No application fee is charged from any of the candidate.
NVS Admission Eligibility
All the candidates/ parents applying for NVS admissions are required to read the eligibility requirements before filling the application form. They must fill the application form only if they satisfy the eligibility requirements.
Eligibility criteria for admission to NVS in all the classes (i.e. VI, IX & XI) is as follows-
- Candidates must be from the district where the JNV has been opened.
- Candidate must be of age group 9 to 13 years (Applicable to all categories).
- Students must have qualified class V from a recognized board.
- Candidates should have not appeared in JNVST test earlier.
- Candidates must be of age between 13 to 16 years as on 1st May of the year of admission (for all candidates).
- Candidates must have studied class VIII from govt./ Govt. aided recognized school.
- Candidates must be of age between 14 to 18 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
- Must have qualified class X from a recognized board.
- Must have reasonable competency in English and Hindi.
Navodaya Admission Selection Procedure
Every year NVS release application for admission to class VI, VIII and XI. Admission to NVS are mainly done on the basis of selection test and merit.
- JNVST Selection test
Admission to class VI and class IX are made strictly on the basis of an entrance test class Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). All the candidates who wants to get admission to JNVs has to appear and qualify JNVST. After the completion of entrance test, conducting authority invite the selected candidates for document verification and finally, admission made to the respected school.
- Class 11 Lateral Entry
No selection test is conducted for admission to class XI. Admission to class XI in JNVs is done through lateral entry. Candidates are selected on the basis of merit which is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in class X.
JNVST Selection Test
Exam Pattern for Class VI
- Mode of exam- Offline (OMR-based)
- Total questions- questions
- Question type- objective type
- Subjects – Mental ability, Arithmetic, Language
- Medium of question paper- Any language out of 21 languages
- Duration- 2 hours
- Negative marks- No
Exam Pattern for Class IX
- Mode of exam- Offline (OMR-based)
- Question type- objective type/ Descriptive
- Section- 4
- Subjects – English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science
- Medium of question paper- English/ Hindi
- Duration- 3 hours
- Total marks- 100
- Negative marks- No
- Syllabus- based on class VII
NVS Test Centre
Selection test is conducted at the various Navodaya Vidyalayas established across the country. Candidates are usually assigned the same Navodaya Vidyalaya of the district for which they have filed the application as the test center. No request for change of exam center is accepted under any circumstance.
NVS Admission Documents to submit
All the selected candidates are required to report the allotted school for verification of all the certificates and documents on the specified dates.
Below is the list of all the documents that are required to be verified at the time of admission-
- Address/residence proof
- Age proof- Birth certificate for class VI & IX and for class XI, mark sheet of class X is considered as age proof.
- Certificate of caste and category issued by the competent authority (in case of SC/ST candidates)
- Relevant certificate if candidate apply for admission under Rural Category.
- Physically disable certificate
- Relevant certificate if candidate apply under transgender category.
- Other documents (if applicable)
NVS Admission- Unique feature
- Migration of students for national integration-
NVS has a unique feature under which it allows migration of NVS students from area to another. Under this scheme, 30% of students from one Navodaya Vidyalaya of a linguistic region are migrated to another JNV of different linguistic region at class IX so that they understand the diversity and plurality of Indian culture.
Migration is usually done between Hindi speaking to Non-Hindi speaking regions. In case the selected students or their parents refuses to migrate to other state then they will not be allowed to continue their studies in JNVs.
- Migration of students and Three language formula
This unique feature of migration of students in NVS is to promote national integration that basically follows a three language formula. The three languages include Hindi, English and Regional languages.
The third language in Hindi speaking regions is the language of migrated students and vice-versa. This language is compulsory for all.
Some important instructions regarding Navodaya Admission 2020
- Marks obtained by candidates in the selection test are not communicated in NVS admission process.
- There is no provision of re-evaluation of answer books.
- Parents must be present at the allotted school with their wards for the verification of documents. Two final notices are sent to them through the registered post.
- If the selected candidate does not report for certificate verification even after two reminders than regional office will release the wait list.
- Admission process to class VI through the main list is usually completed by 30th June and to class XI by 15th July every year.